New Contributor
ccats704

Cap 1 Question for card holders!

Ok back in 2001 I noticed cap one on my credit report; however I did not own a cap one card! I disputed over and over again, but it never was removed! So long story short I ended up settling on the acct which it also states that on my CR! So my question is do you think I could get a card from them and if so do you think I can get the same card number/ open date from the so called original card? Thanx in advance!
I'm better than blessed!
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

Re: Cap 1 Question for card holders!

Another card with them- sure

Old history- not with cap one.
Established Contributor
heirophant

ccats704 wrote:
Ok back in 2001 I noticed cap one on my credit report; however I did not own a cap one card! I disputed over and over again, but it never was removed! So long story short I ended up settling on the acct which it also states that on my CR! So my question is do you think I could get a card from them and if so do you think I can get the same card number/ open date from the so called original card? Thanx in advance!

Why did you pay for an account you didn't own?  I would have sued if they wouldn't remove it.
FICO's: TU: 682 EX: 688 EQ: Unknown

In my wallet (strikethough are getting the axe soon): Amex Rewards Plus Gold | BECU: 10,000 | AlaskaUSA FCU: 6,900 | Citi Forward 6,500 | BOA Travel Rewards: 5,000 | US Bank Cash+: 5,000 | Merrick: 4,200 | Chase Freedom: 3,500 | Juniper: 3,100 | Household: 2,450 | Best Buy Reward Zone: 2,000 | Cap1: 1,500 | Cap1: 750 | Bailey's Furniture: 3,100 | Lowes: 4,500 | Care Credit: 2,000 | Zales: 1,400 | Kohls: 400 | Sam's: 5,200 | Walmart: 1,100 | Discover More: 1,000
New Contributor
ccats704

I had no idea that I could do all of that back then! Thats why since I didnt have an account and I did pay for one I was wondering if I could reopen that account!
I'm better than blessed!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+