cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 Question for card holders!

New Contributor

Cap 1 Question for card holders!

Ok back in 2001 I noticed cap one on my credit report; however I did not own a cap one card! I disputed over and over again, but it never was removed! So long story short I ended up settling on the acct which it also states that on my CR! So my question is do you think I could get a card from them and if so do you think I can get the same card number/ open date from the so called original card? Thanx in advance!
I'm better than blessed!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Cap 1 Question for card holders!

Another card with them- sure

Old history- not with cap one.
Message 2 of 4
Established Contributor

ccats704 wrote:
Ok back in 2001 I noticed cap one on my credit report; however I did not own a cap one card! I disputed over and over again, but it never was removed! So long story short I ended up settling on the acct which it also states that on my CR! So my question is do you think I could get a card from them and if so do you think I can get the same card number/ open date from the so called original card? Thanx in advance!

Why did you pay for an account you didn't own?  I would have sued if they wouldn't remove it.
FICO's: TU: 682 EX: 688 EQ: Unknown

In my wallet (strikethough are getting the axe soon): Amex Rewards Plus Gold | BECU: 10,000 | AlaskaUSA FCU: 6,900 | Citi Forward 6,500 | BOA Travel Rewards: 5,000 | US Bank Cash+: 5,000 | Merrick: 4,200 | Chase Freedom: 3,500 | Juniper: 3,100 | Household: 2,450 | Best Buy Reward Zone: 2,000 | Cap1: 1,500 | Cap1: 750 | Bailey's Furniture: 3,100 | Lowes: 4,500 | Care Credit: 2,000 | Zales: 1,400 | Kohls: 400 | Sam's: 5,200 | Walmart: 1,100 | Discover More: 1,000
Message 3 of 4
New Contributor

I had no idea that I could do all of that back then! Thats why since I didnt have an account and I did pay for one I was wondering if I could reopen that account!
I'm better than blessed!
Message 4 of 4