Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 Quicksilver 1 CLI question

tag
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Cap 1 Quicksilver 1 CLI question

I am finally eligible for a CLI on my oldest cap1 QS1. I tried last week and was offered $250. A year ago I would have taken that. Not today. So I tried again today and was offfered $500.  I declined. My question is, do they typically continue to offer more or is the 2nd offer typically the highest? The card has a CL of $1750 right now. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap 1 Quicksilver 1 CLI question

Both my QS and QS1 started at $500.00 each a year ago but now they both total $7,500. I'm a student.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MyLoFICO wrote:

I am finally eligible for a CLI on my oldest cap1 QS1. I tried last week and was offered $250. A year ago I would have taken that. Not today. So I tried again today and was offfered $500.  I declined. My question is, do they typically continue to offer more or is the 2nd offer typically the highest? The card has a CL of $1750 right now. 

i never decline a credit increase for any amount, something is better than nothing Smiley Tongue

Message 3 of 4
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

This particular card started at $500 and for many years was at that CL. Back in late 2015 I got an auto CLI up to 1500. That is when I found this place and found that I had been treating the card in every wrong way I could. I carried it at max balance for several years. Once I found this place I paid it off and was offered a $250 increase and accepted which I later realized was a stupid move. So now, at 6 months later exactly they are allowing me another increase. The thing is, I want a big increase or none at all. I don't need an increase, I just want to knwo if it is futile to expect a larger one if it will never happen. I hope that makes sense. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.