cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 Recon - Need help!! Need exec office email (UPDATE)

tag
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Re: I Re: Cap 1 Recon - Need help!! Need exec office email (UPDATE)

if you have any cards currently i would just garden them....your scores are very low and it will be tough to get approved for much of anything especially if you have any recent negatives reporting.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 11 of 16
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

Do the shopping cart trick with the Comenity Bank CCs. So you could get some extra credit without HPs. Do a search on the forums for info. I got the bottom two cards with SPs.

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 12 of 16
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

I have no other cards, I can't get approved for anything so there is no point to garden anything except the Fingerhut that I have.  Its ridiculous I can't get a secured card rather my scores are low or not, I see people with lower scores than mine that get them just fine.

Also, I have tried the shopping cart trick to no avail, I will try randomly to see if I do get it until my score goes up enough.

Total CL: $40k+
Discover, BOA, GE, Cap 1, Chase, Barclay!
Gardening Start: 04/22/2013

Message 13 of 16
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Don't get discouraged.  maybe try a PFD to the baddie?

Credit repair takes time.  It blows in that department but, and I think almost everyone here will agree, its worth it.

I myself had absolutely horrid credit after a failed business venture.  I mean bad....but I did the time and paid off baddies.

Now I am just finishing a journey that started over 7 years ago and one thing is for sure, this time I enter the arena with a lot of knowledge and patience I did not have before.

You will get a card eventually.  Gardening is almost the fix all of credit.  Its simply time and once enough passes, you will be amazed at the results.

Hang in there,

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 14 of 16
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

Thank you for the encouragement.  I have tried to do PFD on the baddie.  The CU is not budging and just keep telling me FCRA mandates they report accurate information and they will not delete or anything.  I am not paying anything that isn't going to help my credit, I have limited funds as it is.

I do know it takes time that is why I am taking a break and just going to garden what I have for now.  If I get the chance to get a secured card without a HP I definitely will and if by some miraculous chance I am able to get he baddie deleted then I am sure it will make it a little easier. 

This forum has offered a great wealth of knowledge and I have been able to increase my score and have two collections deleted from my report because of it.  I have so much love for the people here because of that!  I will definitely continue to read and take note of anything that may help in this process.  Seeing others improve their credit gives me hope. 

Total CL: $40k+
Discover, BOA, GE, Cap 1, Chase, Barclay!
Gardening Start: 04/22/2013

Message 15 of 16
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Awesome.

Another path you might consider is seeing if you can be listed as an AU on a family member's account.  Can't hurt.

Keep your chin up.  Its worth the wait.

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.