Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 SP CLI - 2 month old score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap 1 SP CLI - 2 month old score

Recently did a SP CLI request with Cap 1 Venture Visa Siggy.

They denied and said, "Based on your credit lines with Capital One, your credit score isn't high enough for an increase."

The interesting part was the Equifax score they were basing this on was from 2 months ago, and is about 50 points lower than what MyFico says it is (and has said for about 6 months).

So, Cap 1 must not be SP'ing me very often, and I'm not sure what to make of the vast difference in score. Interesting.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap 1 SP CLI - 2 month old score

@Anonymous wrote:

Recently did a SP CLI request with Cap 1 Venture Visa Siggy.

They denied and said, "Based on your credit lines with Capital One, your credit score isn't high enough for an increase."

The interesting part was the Equifax score they were basing this on was from 2 months ago, and is about 50 points lower than what MyFico says it is (and has said for about 6 months).

So, Cap 1 must not be SP'ing me very often, and I'm not sure what to make of the vast difference in score. Interesting.

Do you know which score formula they used? The only thing I can think of is that they might have used a formula with a different range, or it might not be a FICO that they stated. I know when I applied for a Cap1 card and was denied (not for score reasons), they gave me a score that didn't say it was FICO, just that it was from Equifax, so it could have been an internal score.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahhh.... you're right... I looked again and it said, "Source: Equifax Information Services"

Interesting, still, that they'd use that, right? And that it'd be that old?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ahhh.... you're right... I looked again and it said, "Source: Equifax Information Services"

Interesting, still, that they'd use that, right? And that it'd be that old?

Well just becuase it says that doesn't mean it's not a FICO, just makes it possible that it's not. They do have an internal score which is based on different criteria from your FICO score, which would explain a discrepancy. You could also be getting too close to your total exposure with them since you have other Cap1 credit, but they'd normally say that in the denial.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sure the equifax score used for CLI is not FICO 8.

Last time I hit the button, it came back with 685, while my FICO 8 score from Citi is 746. Pretty huge discrepancy there.

Message 5 of 6
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Also Cap1 is notorious for using old scores 2-3 months old even if it is or isn't a fico

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.