Senior Contributor
Wolf3

Re: Cap 1 Secured Q

My guess is that the size of the unsecured CLI is related to the size of the secured deposit.

Having a secured card wtih a high limit is a strategy to help get higher limits in the future.    It seems to work for me.  YMMV.

Valued Member
Jesster

Re: Cap 1 Secured Q

I saw some wise one on here say "higher limits beget higher limits." Or something to that effect. I was wondering to validity of it, so perhaps that does mean something...

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. ~Douglas Adams

Cap1 Secured - $700 (chopping block)/ Amex Green / AmazonGEMB - $3200 / Amex BCE - $3200 / Chase Freedom - $3000 / Discover More $3500

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}