Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 Secured

tag
Warrior2000
Regular Contributor

Cap 1 Secured

I've been having a secured card with $401 CL for three years with no missed payments. Beg of june i applied for an increase and i got a letter that said this type if card was not eligible for increase...whats up with that?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap 1 Secured

@Warrior2000 wrote:
I've been having a secured card with $401 CL for three years with no missed payments. Beg of june i applied for an increase and i got a letter that said this type if card was not eligible for increase...whats up with that?

I think they just have to give it you to you, you can't ask. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea, I've never asked for an CLI they were all auto..
Message 3 of 6
ChargeItPlease
Regular Contributor

Yep. Cap One says it doesn't give customer-intiated CLIs on secured cards. My spouse has gotten a few autos though. We put in $125 of our money, and the limit is up to $750 now (opened in August 2012).

Starting Score: 400s (2011) Current: EQ 655 (01-2014) Goal: 700 Last app: 01-01-14. No apps 'til 12-2014!
Message 4 of 6
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

@Warrior2000 wrote:

What are your scores, Warrior? It may be time to move to other cards...

SevenNEW, Garden Nerd - In the Garden until 2015!
4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 5 of 6
Warrior2000
Regular Contributor

Last time I ran them via a lender they were 652 TU 652 EQ 632 EX. I have a Cap 1 Platinum with a 1800 CL. Im in the process of applying for a home loan so I'll wait until thats over with
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.