Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 Venture AF credit

tag
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

Re: Cap 1 Venture AF credit

If I'm following correctly you're asking who has had a AF come up recently on a Venture and what did they do? I have. I waited until it posted then I called Cap One up and asked them to remove it and they did. No problems at all. They gave me a credit for the same amount as the AF. I hear this isn't always the case for people though. In fact, I heard they've been getting more strict? Maybe not. Either way, I just politely told them I enjoy the card but haven't been using it that much and would hate to pay an AF for that reason. I implied I'd cancel if I wasn't given it.

Hope it helps!

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 11 of 13
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

@Loquat wrote:

I just had my annual fee waived...actually it's been waived the the past 3 years that I've had the card.  I do put a lot of spend through it so maybe that helps.  Chat never wants to do it so I always have to call in. 

You make a great point. I always call in for everything. I am a very good public speaker/communicator  if I can be so brash to say. I find that striking up a brief rapport with a person and being pleasant and respectful gets you far in life. But I understand the benefits of chat. Like having a transcript of the convo and the convenience factor.

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 12 of 13
red259
Super Contributor

@Credit_hawk wrote:

If I'm following correctly you're asking who has had a AF come up recently on a Venture and what did they do? I have. I waited until it posted then I called Cap One up and asked them to remove it and they did. No problems at all. They gave me a credit for the same amount as the AF. I hear this isn't always the case for people though. In fact, I heard they've been getting more strict? Maybe not. Either way, I just politely told them I enjoy the card but haven't been using it that much and would hate to pay an AF for that reason. I implied I'd cancel if I wasn't given it.

Hope it helps!

I have had the AF waived every year I have had the card. Just happened to see some reports of people having a problem with this. Maybe they were not long time customers. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.