Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 asked for income verification

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap 1 asked for income verification

My wife just an email from cap 1 asking to verify income for future cli. This was out of the blue. She recently paid the card off so not sure if this triggered the email.

I was thinking of asking for a cli anyway and she just got a pre-approval for a qs. What should we do? Reqeust a cli or wait for them?
Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap 1 asked for income verification

That's strange they're asking for income verification out of the blue. Did she request a CLI recently? How long has she had the Cap1 card?

Message 2 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Had the card since 07'. Never late and now zero back. $2k limit
Message 3 of 33
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Just send your income to them? Or 4506-T??
Message 4 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

We did. They just asked for the updated income number. No 4506
Message 5 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Had the card since 07'. Never late and now zero back. $2k limit

Wow that's crazy. I would just have her send whatever they require (with Cap1 it's usually paystub, w2, or bank statements) and then wait until you know for sure they have processed it, and then ask for a CLI - maybe they'll give her a decent one with POI.

Message 6 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

She's got great 6 figure with zero cc balances.
Message 7 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
We did. They just asked for the updated income number. No 4506

Wait, all they're asking for is for you to tell them the amount of her income? If so, that's not income verification - they simply want to know what her income is today (i.e. update income).

Message 8 of 33
thummel
Established Contributor

They did the same thing to me when I opened my platnium card back a few years ago. They soon after gave me an auto cli. Hope this helps as you might get an auto increase.
Message 9 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just verified with her. It was an email that only asked for her updated income which they use for future cli's.

Hopefully she'll get something soon. I wonder how soon we should start checking.
Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.