Cap 1 asked for income verification

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap 1 asked for income verification

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So cap 1 never gave an auto cli, so she got on today and hit the luv button.  Got a 10 message that analyst will review account and wait for an email.  Shes got a $2k balance, 6 figure income and has recently paid off all credit cards and 3 medical collections.  Ex score is currently 719, up from 670ntwo weeks ago and 592 back in feb.

Any thought on this message?

For starters, stop pressing the luv button. Cap1 has it's own credit tracking system now called CreditWise. Has your wife logged into it lately and checked to see if her balances have been updated? DH recently applied for Venture & was approved but the score they provided on the paper work is not a FICO 8 score. Maybe they have started using another score and it's not the same as your wife's Experian score listed above. 

Be patient and wait for a response. If she has signed up to receive documents electronically, they will provide an explanation online. I'm not a big proponent of always pressing the luv button anyway (general comment, not specific to your situation).

I was reading a thread last night and someone made a good observation. The person stated it wouldn't be difficult for creditors to track the things we do with our accounts (paraphrasing, of course). I agree. They've been doing it for years. It used to come in the form of a CSR documenting our accounts each time we called in. Now, I'm sure it's more automated since there are many things we can do without ever having to speak with someone. 

Best of luck to DW! I hope her CLI request yields a positive result.Smiley Happy

Hitting the luv button does not cause problems, especially with cap one.  Credit wise has nothing to do with the score cap one uses, believe it's EQ 5 (same as mortgage score).  Just an FYI.

Thanks for the information!

Message 21 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Logged in today and she got a $150 cli. $150?! This has to be a joke.
Message 22 of 33
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am no Cap1 expert, but is this one of Cap1's subprime cards?   Or started as a subprime card.  Platinum, QS1, etc.  The subprime cards aren't known for ever growing. 

Message 23 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I know you're not happy with it but... Congrats on DW's CLI! Have you checked the documents section to see if they sent her a letter with an explanation? If no, call CS or use chat to see if notes were left on her account explaining the small CLI. Good luck!

Message 24 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea. No docs online so will do that. Thanks
Message 25 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

On a side note. Discover did an auto cli for $1k. Went from $3500 to $4500
Message 26 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a platinum
Message 27 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a platinum that went from 1250 to 3250 about 2 months ago and then I converted it to the qs MasterCard
Message 28 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditDunce wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I am no Cap1 expert, but is this one of Cap1's subprime cards?   Or started as a subprime card.  Platinum, QS1, etc.  The subprime cards aren't known for ever growing. 

I'm having the same problemSmiley Frustrated, but I'm not making any changes just yet. The last time I closed a Cap1 account; they started combining accounts shortly after. Patience is key.

DH's QS MC upgrade has grown to $10.25K. His most recent CLI yielded $2K. The one before it was $3K. Go figure?!

Message 29 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
On a side note. Discover did an auto cli for $1k. Went from $3500 to $4500

Congrats on the auto luv from Discover!Smiley Happy

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.