Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 card combining any experts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap 1 card combining any experts

@rmduhon wrote:
Unless they changed the guidelines, which is always a possibility, the card that us staying open can gave a balance. I've done several combinations.

I think youre right, however this would be a fairly easy problem to eliminate, so I'll just say if it were me, that'd be what I'd do.  UncleB said it in a more concise way than I did, so I'd recommend his recommendation.  I'm not just saying it because his new avatar is yet another one of my top 10 favorite albums(maybe top 5...if he does it again on the next avatar I'm going to think he's reading my mind lol), but his advice was solid and simple.

I cant remember if the OP said they called customer service, but even if they did, I might try again if it were me.  Ive found in real life, sometimes it takes multiple calls until you get someone who is helpful and "really into" solviing your problem, rather than moving on to the next call.  I want to see the OP succeed, which is why I'm putting effort into getting him to cover the easy bases quickly to try and diagnose the situation.  

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap 1 card combining any experts

Just wanted to give my 2 cents. I've done a few combinations with CapitalOne, but before I could do so, I also had some issues with them. I made sure I met all the requirements and still could not combine my first 2 accounts. I gave them a call, and this is the information I was given: "Because this is a fairly new process, some member accounts have not been checked for eligibility yet. Our system is going as fast as possible to make sure every member can take advantage of the online account combination feature." It sounded fishy to me since a computer system should be able to do this task in no time but lo and behold after a couple of weeks wait time I was able to combine my first 2 accounts. And yes the one that remained open did have a balance, and also the one that will remain open does not need to be older than anything, just the donor account has to be older than 6 or 12 months (forgot exactly). Hope this helps. Cheers.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.