Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 cli!!!

tag
jwes2155
New Contributor

Cap 1 cli!!!

I have a cap 1 account for about 1.5 years now,  never late with the payment,  always pay in full every month,  and it only had a $300cl.  I' ve called them time and time again,  and they wouldn't raise the limit saying it was system generated.   Well thanks to this board,  I have other cards with much higher limits,  and don't need cap 1.  So,  I called them up 2 days ago told them close the account,  reason being the cl,  told them i've been a good customer,  and if thats all they could do,  its waste of time,  very politely.   They said once again we can't control cli's but if you just hold on to the card for a little while longer,  i'm sure they will review your account.  I told them 1 more week,  I logged into my account today,  they raised the limit.  I had to threaten them to make it happen though.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap 1 cli!!!

What did they give you for an CLI?  If you don't mind sharing...
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

nice! how much CL did they give you now? I have been stuck at $500 since i opened the account in 2002. Asked for CLI about 3 times in that whole time and never got one.

I can't even close this account because this has my longest history.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Our Cap1 just got an unsolicited CLI from $300 to $600... Still a dog, and we had already shredded it prior to the CLI. Still not planning to cancel, but not planning to call for new replacement cards either.

Rob
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ask them to manually review your credit reports.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

jizoe182 wrote:
Ask them to manually review your credit reports.

???? Not sure where you're going with this i-zo... Why would a CCC manually review an expired CR? Soft pulls while effective are not the practice of Cap1.Smiley Sad

Rob
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

i told cap1 off and told them that i had this card for 5 years and how come i am still not eligible for a cli. i asked them to stop reviewing my report each month if they are not going to do anything with my cl. i felt bad for the girl hearing all this cuz she sounded kinda cute.
Message 7 of 9
jwes2155
New Contributor

they only went up to 500.  I have to max it out now to get it to report,  that kinda sucks.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I give up on CAP1..Stuck with the same limits since 2002...I think they are all headed for the shredder...$0 balances.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.