cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 giving me the run around help!

tag
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: Cap 1 giving me the run around help!

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Does the card serve any particular purpose you cant live without? You stated you have better cards with higher limits so unless theres something about this particular card you need I would close it. I dont have an issue closing cards I view as useless but thats strictly my opinion so take it with a grain of salt. Telling them your going to close it likely wont get you any further since they have thousands of other people willing to go through the run around Smiley Happy Either close it or throw it in the sock drawer unless your content with things as they are or willing to make more EO requests in the future

Very much in this camp!   IMO, too many people get worked up about trying to get all their cards with a high CL (or all Sig/WMC/WEMC) etc.    If a card isn't meeting your needs, SD if you need the AAoA (or CL) and otherwise close.   From reading here, it's clear in particular with Capital One, that if you have the "wrong" type of card isn't going to be easy to change, and even if they gave you a $3K CLI, would things really change (if you have much better cards)?  Is it worth your time at all!

I would suggest people evaluate what they actually need on each card.   So I have a Sallie Mae with a $5K limit, less than 1/2 of my next lowest and 1/10 of my highest.   But since the max I would need on that card to get rewards is $1,250, I'm certainly not wasting time trying to get a CLI on it.   And it sounds like the Cap One card actually has no value to you.

+1

and

+1

thanks, i needed those posts

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.