cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 just won't increase my CL!!!!

tag
tono

Cap 1 just won't increase my CL!!!!

I'm so pissed about it, I had this card for over 2 years, started with 300, and at the 3rd month increased to 500, and has stayed like that!

I've called several times, and always some rep with terrible english telling me that right now there aren't any customer initiated increases! Bla bla bla.

I have 2 other CC's with 2,000 CLI plus store cards.

I just want to close this account. I don't know why I even bothered applying!

Capital 1 sucks!!!

Current Score (3/31/10): EX:721 | EQ:735 | TU:744
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap 1 just won't increase my CL!!!!

Many others are in the same situation, only option is to close the card and reapply for a new one. 

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 2 of 10
Iincognito
Regular Contributor

I feel your frustration, but a lot of these "starter" accounts have built in credit limit ceilings which will not change no matter how long or how good your credit history is with the creditor. Like you, I started with a couple of Capital One accounts, one with a $500 cl which eventually became $750, and another that stayed at $500. I had the $750 card for ~9 months before I closed it and I just closed my $500 credit card with them a few days ago after carrying it for more than 3 years [Make sure you read the "closing credit cards" before taking action on any of your cards]. Capital One was great at building credit, but that's about all you're going to get from them, in my opinion.

Message 3 of 10
911gt34life
Frequent Contributor

i  am there with you my is 1500 has not move for past 2 year, i try apply for chase and discover but i was shutdown Smiley Sad i am in hell Smiley Sad

>
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

CapOne is like having a 9-foot tall Viking with bad breath run up to you, grab you, scream "What's in your WALLET?", rip your wallet out of your pants, drop you, shake your wallet upside down, throw it down in disgust, pick you up again, shake you, screaming, "What's in your WALLET?", and eventually dropping you like a discarded ragdoll when he spots someone else, then stepping on you as he runs away.

Just my opinion, YMMV.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder how well they treat people with the new Venture cards. The minimum CL on that card is $5,000.

Message 6 of 10
Uncle_Money
Established Contributor

Same here - oldest account is from 2005 and it has a limit of $1,250.  Everytime I ask for an increase, I get the same response:

"Capital One is a conservative lender and currently isn't accepting customer initiated credit limit increases.  Your account will be reviewed periodically."

The funny thing is, they never review it.

UM

Personal: American Express Platinum - NPSL | American Express Blue Cash Preferred - $15,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve - $38,500 | Chase Amazon Prime Visa - $7,200 | Chase Freedom - $500 | Barclaycard Arrival+ - $18,600 | PenFed Platinum Rewards - $25,000 | PenFed LOC - $10,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa - $25,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union LOC - $10,000 | Citi Double Cash - $12,170 | Citizens Cash Back+ - $8,650 | Citizens LOC Overdraft - $8,000 | Discover - $10,000 | Capital One Quicksilver One - $3,600 | Capital One Platinum - $750 | Valero - $600 | Dell - $3,000 | Lowes Advantage - $30,000 | Macys Amex - $25,000 | The Home Depot - $7,500 | Tourneau - $15,000
Business: American Express Business Platinum Card - NPSL | American Express Plum Card - NPSL | American Express SimplyCash Plus - $10,000 | American Express Gold Card - NPSL | Bank of America Cash Rewards - $100,000 | Capital One Spark Business - $54,000 | Chase Business Preferred - $34,000 | Chase Business Ink - $15,000 | PNC Bank Cash Rewards Visa Signature - $19,000 | PNC LOC $100,000 | BP Business Solutions - $1,500 | KeyBank Mastercard - $6,000 | Staples More Account - $3,500

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sick of them my self. i got a card in oct 2008 never missed a payment every time i pay in full .. i get shut down..telling me i should call in 3 months or so.. i going to close it as soon as my 2 years comes up..i know its not my score that its the issue... its them..

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't worry.  It's not you, it's capital one.

I have had my capital one card since 2005, never missed a single payment.  My score is 780 with all 3 credit agencies and I have a six-figure income.  I was planning a trip to europe, and I learned that capone is the only credit card that will not charge a foreign transaction fee.  I called to get my limit increased to cover the cost of my hotel (I'm more of an AMEX user and never really use the capone card).  I was turned down, and the recording even said "The agents will not have any additional information to offer", and there is no way to get a live person for CL increases.  It is clearly a process they have put in place during this time when they are not offering any CL increases at all.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow. That's discouraging! Wish I would have seen this post before I applied for mine in April! Got a $500 limit but no AF, so I guess I will keep it around for alittle while.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.