Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 only one CLI??

tag
Evel_Knievel
Established Member

Cap 1 only one CLI??

Was approved for my very 1st credit card(as stated in a previous post). A $300 Quick Silver card. Made some fuel purchases and waiting on my 1st statement.

Been watching the documents section in my online acct and haven't seen anything about the credit steps program, so I hit the chat button.

The rep said i was enrolled in the program and was so kind to explain it to me. The way it was described was I have to make a purchase within 5 months and make payments on time for 5 consecutive months then on the 7th month the CL would go to $500.

They specifically stated there would be a ONE TIME increase.

Is this true? I read here of people getting better/more CLI's?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Cap 1 only one CLI??

@Evel_Knievel wrote:

Was approved for my very 1st credit card(as stated in a previous post). A $300 Quick Silver card. Made some fuel purchases and waiting on my 1st statement.

Been watching the documents section in my online acct and haven't seen anything about the credit steps program, so I hit the chat button.

The rep said i was enrolled in the program and was so kind to explain it to me. The way it was described was I have to make a purchase within 5 months and make payments on time for 5 consecutive months then on the 7th month the CL would go to $500.

They specifically stated there would be a ONE TIME increase.

Is this true? I read here of people getting better/more CLI's?

True 

And don't be late and the auto CLI will be yours 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 7
Longroad
Established Contributor

What happens after the one-time CLI? $500 forever?
Message 3 of 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Longroad wrote:
What happens after the one-time CLI? $500 forever?

No wait 6 months and try again

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 7
Apinzon2374
Regular Contributor

You can try the CLI button on their website and sometimes it works. You can also go through the EO and try to get a CLI if all other options fail.

I got a $3000 CLI on a $1000 starting limit CapOne card that converted into a Quicksilver. So hopefully you'll get something good.

Capital One Quicksilver | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire | AMEX Blue Cash Everyday
Scores: EX: 725 | TU:742
Message 5 of 7
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

It is a 'Credit Step'  You get one CLI in the program, but after that wait another 6 months and try the button.  If the button doesn't work try the EO, or if it does and it is a joke limit still.

Potentially, without the EO, it could only be one increase depending on how you maintain and use the account.  I tried everything I could think of for 2 1/2 years to get them to increase my limit.  I used the card one month for 5x it's limit, I stopped using it, I called repeatedly, I closed one account at the 2 year mark, and nothing.  Zip, silch, nada!  I then filed a complaint with the BBB and within hours I got a response from their EO.  They tried to talk to me about my HSBC card and told me that I had gotten a limit increase in the last 6 months.  It did not hit me for a while that they were talking about the HSBC card until after I hung up.  I then rejected their BBB settlement and a month later got an increase on my actual CapOne card through the right EO to a limit of $1500.  The second time I contacted the EO I got the limit to $3500. 

They respond best if you submit your issues the following ways; BBB, EO, and Facebook.  Using one of these methods would be best if you don't get any love from the button at the one year mark or six months from the last request.  They do have a six-month wait between limit increases, except if it is small and you go through the EO!

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 6 of 7
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

I started with $300 CL at 7 months went to $500. After 1 year went to $2000 and after 3 years went to $3500. I have the no annual fee card so YMMV.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.