Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 playing games?

tag
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap 1 playing games?

You can just never tell now with them can you?

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 11 of 22
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:
When I log into my Cap 1 account it still shows it open. Yes, I got notified that it is being "upgraded" to the new Quicksilver card and starting November 4th I'll start receiving 1.5% cash back on every purchase and that I should receive my new card soon as well.

When I closed my other Cap1 card last year it showed closed online almost immediately.

OK. Still, contacting the CEO or threatening is extreme at this point. If you had asked five times and it was still open, then maybe. You could just ring and inquire about it to a representative who should be able to look into it.

Message 12 of 22
LLMT
Regular Contributor

I would be concerned by the online status, but not the letter at all. I got my letter almost a month after they upgraded my card (the upgrade was offered on my Rewards Summary, not initiated by me). Definitely check in & ensure there was no confusion.
Message 13 of 22
myjourney
Super Contributor

CAP1 is just slow with closing online accounts I have read post of people being able to log in months after account was closed....The mailing was probably sent out snail mail before you closed account and whereas mine came Friday yours came Monday 

There were 2-3 post of the cap1 mailings Friday so a lot of customers received them 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 14 of 22
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@navigatethis12 wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:
When I log into my Cap 1 account it still shows it open. Yes, I got notified that it is being "upgraded" to the new Quicksilver card and starting November 4th I'll start receiving 1.5% cash back on every purchase and that I should receive my new card soon as well.

When I closed my other Cap1 card last year it showed closed online almost immediately.

OK. Still, contacting the CEO or threatening is extreme at this point. If you had asked five times and it was still open, then maybe. You could just ring and inquire about it to a representative who should be able to look into it.

+1

Exactly... plus what myjourney said...

Message 15 of 22
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

The only concern is that I don't think my account was closed. I don't care if I can log in online or not but the one I closed last year says closed and stated that immediately. This account was closed 2.5 weeks ago and just looks normally active with a -$39 balance. I've been out of state and just got home and seen the letter and decided to check my account afterwards. I'll give them a call but figured I would see what you all thought of it as well.
Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 16 of 22
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

I don't know how to add a pic from my phone or I'd show you what I see on the 2 accounts I had.

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 17 of 22
Elle23

I posted this in another forum but can you send me the eo email. I need it for the reasons outlined below.  Thanks.

I've been lurking here for a while  and these forums have great advice so I finally gave in and joined. I have 2 questions.

1. Will someone send me the Capone EO email. Come mid September I will have had my capital one account for 1 year and I would like an increase for over the current $750 limit.

2. Does anyone have any advice on what would be the best way for me to go about purchasing some new furniture (after my mortgage funds, I know I know). I am working on rebuilding my credit. I would like to use a credit card instead of furniture store credit lines. When I applied for my mortgage my middle fico score was 686. I do not have any late payments in the past 2 years. Other than student loans (12K left) and 4 credit cards (limits of $250, $500, $750, $2000) I don't have any other debt. My current utilization is 2%. Some old baddies (1 collection from 2009) and old late payments beyond 2.5 years ago.

Mortgage FICO 689 I Walmart FAKO 657 I Credit Karma FAKO 677 I Quizzle FAKO 730

Current Score 689
Goal Score 730
Message 18 of 22
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Elle23 wrote:

I posted this in another forum but can you send me the eo email. I need it for the reasons outlined below.  Thanks.

I've been lurking here for a while  and these forums have great advice so I finally gave in and joined. I have 2 questions.

1. Will someone send me the Capone EO email. Come mid September I will have had my capital one account for 1 year and I would like an increase for over the current $750 limit.

2. Does anyone have any advice on what would be the best way for me to go about purchasing some new furniture (after my mortgage funds, I know I know). I am working on rebuilding my credit. I would like to use a credit card instead of furniture store credit lines. When I applied for my mortgage my middle fico score was 686. I do not have any late payments in the past 2 years. Other than student loans (12K left) and 4 credit cards (limits of $250, $500, $750, $2000) I don't have any other debt. My current utilization is 2%. Some old baddies (1 collection from 2009) and old late payments beyond 2.5 years ago.

Welcome and sent 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 19 of 22
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Credit CardsAccount Name Account Number PaymentDue Date Minimum Payment Last Payment(Posted)Available Credit Balance ....XXXX....XXXX

Platinum MasterCard
This account is currently closed. Please call 1-800-955-7070 for assistance. (Ref. No. 10016.8038)
SEP 13, 2013
Pay Bill

$0.00

$54.67

(FEB 8, 2013)

Account Closed
(Credit Limit:$750.00)
$0.00
Platinum MasterCard
Rewards: $0.00 Cash
SEP 12, 2013
Pay Bill

$0.00

$39.00

(AUG 23, 2013)

$1,500.00
(Credit Limit:$1,500.00)
Transfer a Balance
($39.00)
Don't see all your Capital One cards? Add an account to this listTotal$1,500.00Total($39.00)

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.