Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 preapproval for another platinum?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap 1 preapproval for another platinum?

Cap 1 keeps sending me pre-approvals every other day it seems for another platinum, I already have this card with a 1k limit. I’ve had it only for s month. do they want me to apply for a second card to access to more funds? I called and cut to the chase and asked for s CLI or PC to an awards card and I was told on the phone I had no offers. I’m still in the rebuilding stage, should I app for a card I already have as a means of hopefully combining to a single higher limit card one day?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap 1 preapproval for another platinum?

Probably just takes some time for their system to update. I got the Citi Double Cash card and afterward received offers for the same card once a week for like 2 months.

Message 2 of 11
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:
Cap 1 keeps sending me pre-approvals every other day it seems for another platinum, I already have this card with a 1k limit. I’ve had it only for s month. do they want me to apply for a second card to access to more funds? I called and cut to the chase and asked for s CLI or PC to an awards card and I was told on the phone I had no offers. I’m still in the rebuilding stage, should I app for a card I already have as a means of hopefully combining to a single higher limit card one day?

The rule is 1 new credit card account every 6 months. I think it’s just advertising that they’re sending you. 

Keep working on rebuilding. 

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok I’m gonna just toss the offers. The rep told me to call in a couple months to see if I have an offer to PC or a CLI. Hopefully I’ll be one of those that get to PC early. I’ll just wait.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:
Ok I’m gonna just toss the offers. The rep told me to call in a couple months to see if I have an offer to PC or a CLI. Hopefully I’ll be one of those that get to PC early. I’ll just wait.

My platinum rebuilder PC'd after 5 months and that same day I did the prequals and was prequaled for another platinum and got it! But like others have said, since it's so early it's probably just marketing. But I wanted to let you know about my timeline as well Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

For my own part, I PC'ed my starter Platinum MC (unsecured) to Quicksilver in June, 5 months or so after I got it, and from then on I was getting prequal offers for another Platinum every time I checked the Cap One site. Then finally, just after New Year's I got a prequal for a Quicksilver Visa...see sig for results! I suppose my next eligibility will be in July - I'm going to wait and see about combining my QS MC with my Visa (and getting any CLI offers on the Visa) first though before I look at another QS, if in fact I decide to get another Cap 1 card at all.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

I'm going to wait and see about combining my QS MC with my Visa (and getting any CLI offers on the Visa) first though before I look at another QS, if in fact I decide to get another Cap 1 card at all.

I don't think you can combine your QS MC with a Visa. Cards have to be on the same network.

Message 7 of 11
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Network isn't an issue when combining Capital One cards.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its possible to get another line. I cold apped citi double cash then did the mail in offer a few weeks later and was instant approved for a double the limit than the cold app lol

Also if you get aproved for the 2nd line with capital one you can come combine in the future
Message 9 of 11
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

Do you have an AF on your current card and does the one they are offering have an AF.    Oftentimes when we are rebuilding we tend to jump before we think.   Don't let them sucker you into getting another card with AF.  Cap1 can be strange, it grows for some and not for others.  I've been stuck @ my current limit of 7K for years with a QS.   Even after heavy use  they won't give me a CLI; EQ 746, TU 786, Ex 774; income  north of 170K.  This is one of my lowest CL's.......just checked and have an offer to PC to a Venture card......my prequal only offers a platinum card with no fee, and a QS1 with a $39 AF.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.