Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 question...

tag
Laurenlou
Regular Contributor

Cap 1 question...

I have an unpaid C/o w/ cap 1 that I defaulted on in 06. I am planning on paying it via PFD ( or trying to at least) early next year.

Heres my question: I went to the preapproval site for cap 1 and it said i was preapproved for a few different cards. Do you think they would approve me for new credit given that I already have a c/o with them? Does the preapproval site not see that i already have an account in bad standing with them?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap 1 question...

Not likely...Cause since you did not pay it's delinquent. And when run they your SSN to get your CR. That will come up.

Message Edited by Andrew_Garcia_4918 on 08-28-2008 03:42 PM
Message 2 of 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

it won't hurt you to apply. if you are blocked in there system it will pop up internally before they pull credit and you will get a letter stating because of past handling with capital one... blah blah you can't have another card.... no credit report was pulled for this decision.

weird that your getting pre-approval, so i say go for it!
Message 3 of 4
dieselcafe
Contributor

I have one Cap One card that was sent to collection in 2007.  I called  Cap One up and they pulled the card out of collection and allow me to make monthly payment on this Card.

I applied for another card with them 3 months ago and was approved for a reward card of $300 CL and recieved a CLI  of $300 last week.

I also applied for an additional card with them and  was also approved for a regular card for $500.

Now I have 2 Cap One cards
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.