Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 reporting?

tag
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Cap 1 reporting?

You can actually also go in and make it any date you choose to be your due date, the option is under modify your features than select your service, may take up to 2 billing cycles to become effective

Message 11 of 18
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Your account must go through one complete billing cycle before you may change your due date. To change your due date, please come back after you’ve received your first statement. (Ref. No.10102.8134)

GRRR lol

I am on the phone with the woman right now, because i want to pay off my balance to 5 dollars (i have 45 dollars on it right now) and she says that i cant pay it off until my statement generates.....

the 40 dollar charge isnt showing up for almost 5 days now! 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got off the phone with their Executive Office (on an unrelated matter) - he said that the statements are generated once every 30 days. There's no way for them to rush a statement,. So if I'm understanding correctly, basically you'll have to have at least 30 days of history since the card activation before your first statement would get generated - and then your due date would get generated based on that statement date).

I just changed my due date on one account from the 10th to the 5th, and he said that since there would be less than 30 days (only 25-26) for the statement, it's basically going to skip a statement and I'll receive almost 2 months worth of transactions on my statement in December. But he said that regardless, they report the card information to the CRAs once every 30 months.

But based on that, I'm guessing what'll happen with you is that you'll get your first statement about 30 days after you opened the account. Then you'll have a due date 30 days after that date. And they'll report it on your credit report shortly after that.

At least that's how I understand it.

Message 13 of 18
john398
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous_V wrote:

Your account must go through one complete billing cycle before you may change your due date. To change your due date, please come back after you’ve received your first statement. (Ref. No.10102.8134)

GRRR lol

I am on the phone with the woman right now, because i want to pay off my balance to 5 dollars (i have 45 dollars on it right now) and she says that i cant pay it off until my statement generates.....

the 40 dollar charge isnt showing up for almost 5 days now! 

Do you have bill pay with your bank? if so you can push the payment from your bank to capital 1

Message 14 of 18
Ortz33__
Frequent Contributor

the statement is generated on the STATEMENT CLOSE DATE on your account statement.  if i dont have the funds to pay in full on the due date i make the minimum then pay the full balance before that date, even the day before and i've never had an issue.  this is on the first page, generally near the payment due, etc.  it is usually the same amount of days AFTER your due date every month.  it's not the SAME day every month, because each month will have 31, 30 or 28 days, etc.  make sense?

Message 15 of 18
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

i want to pay it down almost immediately after the purchase is made (low limit rewards card)

and well it has taken them now 6 days to post something. 

Checked today - 5 1/2 days to post a charge - Paid the card down to a 6$ balance Smiley Happy on a 300$ CL

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 16 of 18
Ortz33__
Frequent Contributor

usually it's not cap1's fault or the creditor, for that matter.  but the reporting agency... they are responsible for updating once they report.  that's why it's reccomended that you prepare to wait 2 cycles (or months) to let it post.

Message 17 of 18
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

I had one of my cap 1's (the one that was screwed up and closed in good standing after 2 months LOL) report just shortly over a month of getting the card. 

SOOOO idk YMMV im sure

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.