Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 secured - PC possible?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap 1 secured - PC possible?

They upped my credit limit on my secured card from $200 to $500 after six months. After just two months of having the secured card though, I got approved for the Capital One Sony Card and the Capital One Quicksilver One both with $500 credit limits, which now are both $1,100 credit limits. So I have 3 Capital One cards - I've heard that's the maximum number they'll give you so I haven't applied for any more.

Message 11 of 13
WLRK11
Regular Contributor

@ShortBus wrote:
I read in other threads that some members here are given CLI's on the Cap 1 secured card. Is that really happening?

Yes! They will not graduate the card to an unsecured version though. I tried for a few years before finally closing it last month after they wouldn't combine the credit line with an unsecured card. 

Age: 20s | AAoA: 2 yrs | FICO Scores: 700s | Inq: EX: ?, EQ: ?, TR: ? | GARDENING AS OF 06/2014

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the platinum. Closed my secured. PC'd the platinum to the Quicksilver. Not QS1 but not visA sig either. I love my mutant MasterCard. Next step is CLI. 

There's many different ways you can approach this.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.