Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 secured card cli

tag
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: Cap 1 secured card cli

@jnydc wrote:

History has shown that secured card holders are getting an unsecured increase in and around the sixth month...  I am just wondering if th increase is proportional to the deposit?

I got $300 increase even though I use the card to almost 90% most months and PIF.  My total utilization is very high right now (70 to 80%), also.  

My guess is that size of deposit is a factor as well as heavy usage of the Cap 1 card.   

When the card gets to the 12 month review, I plan to juice my scores by paying early so I get a <9% reporting utilization   Can't wait to see what happens.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is a 9% reporting utilization fo?r

Message 12 of 14
jnydc
Contributor

Many suggest outstanding credit to be below the 10% sweet spot...supposed to be the maker for low utilization with FICO.  Once you're above that you start to get dinged in most credit buckets for "making heavy use of credit"

2009 Credit Portfolio: First Premier 450, Orchard Bank 400

2012 Credit Portfolio: AMEX; Gold, Zync, & Clear 5k
Citi Platinum Select 2k, Home Depot Store (Citi) 4k, Discover More 10k, Barclays Apple 2k, Cap 1 (secured) 2.5k
Message 13 of 14
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Utilization counts for 30% of FICO score and under 9% is considered the best percentage for highest FICO score. 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.