Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 soft pull for CLI

tag
irodriguez7885
Valued Member

Cap 1 soft pull for CLI

FYI, if you call Cap-1 and ask for a CLI it will be a soft pull and you dont have to worry about a hard one. Just got off the phone with a manager and they stated that all CLI requests are soft pulls only.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anarchy
New Contributor

Re: Cap 1 soft pull for CLI

Very good to know, thanks for the info.

Message 2 of 4
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

I can also say that I requested a CLI some months back and it was a soft pull.  Of course, I received a denial as many others have stating that Cap One isn't granting customer initiated CLIs.  This makes me wonder why they even needed a soft pull, but I would have been very annoyed to get that reason for a denial after a hard pull.  In any event, someone posted a couple days ago that they were granted a CLI by request.  So either the policy has changed, or it wasn't really a hard and fast rule to begin with (if I remember correctly, the person's scores were 760+ which could explain the different treatment, but they still only got an additional $500).

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

I'm pretty much thinking it was already time for an automatic CLI for that member and the offer just so happen to be available during the time of their call.  The CSR must have been a really nice person and just played it through as if they were doing the customer a favor.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.