Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 statement date/ payment posting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap 1 statement date/ payment posting

Hello,

I contacted a rep through the live chat to inquire about my statement date since I am a new card holder (credit steps program). She informed me that my statement closes on the 17th of every month. I've used the card the past few weeks and PIF everytime, I pay with CU account and I notice that it takes 2-3 days to post, it says "processing". My fear is that if I PIF on the 15th or 16th each month that it will report a balance because the payment hasn't officially posted. Anyone have any experience with this?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap 1 statement date/ payment posting

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

I contacted a rep through the live chat to inquire about my statement date since I am a new card holder (credit steps program). She informed me that my statement closes on the 17th of every month. I've used the card the past few weeks and PIF everytime, I pay with CU account and I notice that it takes 2-3 days to post, it says "processing". My fear is that if I PIF on the 15th or 16th each month that it will report a balance because the payment hasn't officially posted. Anyone have any experience with this?

Haven't experienced this with Cap 1. Payments are posted the next day for me. 

PIF on the 13th or 14th

Message 2 of 6
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Credit Card Payment Posting Timeframes

Payment submitted on Posts to account Funds available
Monday-Saturday before 8 p.m. ET
(5 p.m. PT)

Same day by midnight The day after the payment posts
by 8 a.m ET (5 a.m PT)*

Monday-Friday after 8 p.m. ET
(5 p.m. PT)

Next day by midnight The day after the payment posts
by 8 a.m ET (5 a.m PT)*

Saturday after 8 p.m. ET
(5 p.m. PT)

Next business day by midnight The day after the payment posts
by 8 a.m ET (5 a.m PT)*

Sunday anytime
Next business day by midnight ** The day after the payment posts
by 8 a.m ET (5 a.m PT)*

Payments are not processed or posted Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, or New Year's Day.

* The availability of funds may be delayed at Capital One's sole discretion to ensure payment in good funds.

** If your payment due date falls on Sunday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Year's and you schedule a payment on that date, then
your payment will be considered on time.

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JSS3 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

Haven't experienced this with Cap 1. Payments are posted the next day for me. 

PIF on the 13th or 14th

That's what I was thinking. I'll also have to be sure not to use it again until after the 17th. 

Message 4 of 6
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

If you initiate the payment from your Capital One account by 5pm EST it will post the same day; after 5pm the next day (weekends/holidays differ) and take a few days to be withdrawn from your bank account. If you're using your CU bill payment option, it will take a few days to post to your cc account. 

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anomalous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

If you initiate the payment from your Capital One account by 5pm EST it will post the same day; after 5pm the next day (weekends/holidays differ) and take a few days to be withdrawn from your bank account. If you're using your CU bill payment option, it will take a few days to post to your cc account. 

Thanks! I pay from my Cap 1 account. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.