Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 statement

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap 1 statement

I have been searching around and just can't seem to find a round about time my 1st statement should cut. New to all this and just want to make sure I'm keeping the utilization good. Thanks for the help ahead of time.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap 1 statement

The card was activated on June 11th guess I should have mentioned that in the original post
Message 2 of 9
delaney1
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
The card was activated on June 11th guess I should have mentioned that in the original post

When did you apply for the cards? I have two Cap one cards, one I applied for around June 5 a few years ago, and the other around July 10 of last year. They both have billing cycles that close on the 5th of the month. You can always jump on chat, and they will be happy to give you that info.

Message 3 of 9
Gidgetmom
Frequent Contributor

I was approved for my Cap 1 on Apr 3rd and the end of May, around the 23rd, was when it reported to the bureaus.  There was almost a two month delay.   I would say keep your balance low on the card until your first statement reports to the bureaus.  For me, cap1 set a due date, then the Statement date is 3 days after the due date, and it reports (shows the Statement balance) to the credit bureaus 3 days after Statement date.  Hope this helps!

Message 4 of 9
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

I read that too quickly and assumed you meant the account was opened on June 11th. So yes, when was the account opened? You find that out, and it's a month from that date. Usually 30 days from open date. My venture was approved/opened on June 5th. The account states my minimum payment will be calculated after July 5th. 

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why don't you call cap1 customer service and ask? Just explain it's a new account and you want to know what to expect. They were able to give me the day my statement would cut (and this turned out to be correct), and told me reporting would be 2-3 days after the statement cut (though mine is still a new account, and they typically don't report until after the second statement, so I can't speak to how accurate the 2-3 days is).
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah thats what I will do. Thanks for the help 

Message 7 of 9
Gidgetmom
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Why don't you call cap1 customer service and ask? Just explain it's a new account and you want to know what to expect. They were able to give me the day my statement would cut (and this turned out to be correct), and told me reporting would be 2-3 days after the statement cut (though mine is still a new account, and they typically don't report until after the second statement, so I can't speak to how accurate the 2-3 days is).

Well isn't that great advice! Never occurred to me to call and find out.  I have always just waited for the surprise! Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got on the online chat and they gave me all the answers I needed. Thank you everyone 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.