Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 waives balance transfer fee :-)

tag
mmmlive1999
Frequent Contributor

Cap 1 waives balance transfer fee :-)

I have been with Cap 1 since 2012, always PIF. I paid off a large,$13k student loan with a travel points card and wanted to BT to 0% APR , Cap 1 and pay it off in a few mos. I had the special 2% balance transfer fee offer but didn't want to get hit with paying $260! I called the customer service representative to see about lowering the rate as a courtesy and she said that actually they waive the whole fee if the transferred balance is paid off within 60 days of the transfer!!! I just had to call back when I paid it off, so I did 50 days later, and true to their word they removed the balance transfer fee.😁

Starting Score: 6/6/12: TU 585/EQ 472/ EX 561
Current Score: All 800's
Cap1 QS - $17k, Chase Southwest- $25k, Discover IT - $50k
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap 1 waives balance transfer fee :-)

nice congrats to u!!

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's awesome!!! Congrats!!

Message 3 of 10
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Very nice! Congrats!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations OP did not know they would do that thanks for sharing!

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

That was quite a nice gesture from Capital One.  Good job!!

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish my student loan company would let me pay them off with a CC (MyFedLoan)

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice! Congrats!

Also, thank you for sharing that piece lf knowledge with us! 

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mmmlive1999 wrote:
I have been with Cap 1 since 2012, always PIF. I paid off a large,$13k student loan with a travel points card and wanted to BT to 0% APR , Cap 1 and pay it off in a few mos. I had the special 2% balance transfer fee offer but didn't want to get hit with paying $260! I called the customer service representative to see about lowering the rate as a courtesy and she said that actually they waive the whole fee if the transferred balance is paid off within 60 days of the transfer!!! I just had to call back when I paid it off, so I did 50 days later, and true to their word they removed the balance transfer fee.😁

Nice!!!!!!

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting. All my balance transfer offers from Cap One have been with "no fee."   

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.