Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap 1

To be honest George to FICO a credit card is a credit card no matter what the name. In this age of auto approvals based soley on score, it doesn't matter whose card you have it matters most how you manage it. 

I have a HSBC card, a Chase card and a Cap1 card.  The thing is that once you outgrow a card like the subprime stepping stones to prime it is time to move on.  Really don't want to qualify my HSBC card in that category since I have not seen a cash back card with those bennies and that rate outside of a credit union.

As far as Cap1 is concerned, will I use it to my benefit? Heck yeah!! 1.99 for life of balance.  Will I allow myself to be pulled into the subprime game of musical cards constantly reaging my credit history for a few paltry hundred dollars more in avail credit...heck no!!!  Cap1 is betting that the average consumer doesn't know what those 'new cards' do. Cap 1 just has too many built ins that hurt rather than help he consumer. Least of which, not reporting credit limits.

I opened my card in Dec 06 and have had two CLIs since then.  When they decide that they have taken enough risk on me, at that time, I will have taken enough risk on them. Bigger fish to fry.

BTW most cards are slowly doing away with the UD clause anyway. I only have one of 9 that still practices that.
I

Message Edited by Brammy on 09-11-2007 09:26 AM
Message 21 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.