Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Account Combine Question

tag
Bone35
Regular Contributor

Cap One Account Combine Question

Was hoping someone can shine some light on this for me..

Many have stated that when trying to combine their Cap One cards they're receiving an error message saying that they can't  be combined due to a prior charge off or negative account with Cap One from the past.

First question.... Do you get that error message and have no available cards to select? Or do you have cards to select, go through the motions and receive that message when you attempt to submit/finalize?

Reason why is that I would like to combine 3 of my Cap One cards into one.. They pop up and alow me to select continue to the last page but I dont want to combine just yet since my 6 month wait for a cli is right around the corner.

Second question.....Am I good to go since the cards are dispalyed as ready to combine?

Hope this makes sense...Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One Account Combine Question

I think you are good to go. That's what mine did when I was checking it out before I requested the CLI. For my DH account, it just pops up a screen saying you are not eligible. Does not say why though. It just gives the generic reasons, none of which apply to him. I will deal with that later.
Message 2 of 4
Bone35
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I think you are good to go. That's what mine did when I was checking it out before I requested the CLI. For my DH account, it just pops up a screen saying you are not eligible. Does not say why though. It just gives the generic reasons, none of which apply to him. I will deal with that later.
Thanks Kebibl18!
So.. If i understand you correctly, when you did it yourself you were allowed to play with the accounts, add the limit to the other card etc. but when you tried with DH and clicked on "account combine" from the menu, no cards showed...No option to select card,  just a pop up with a message  presented itself ?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep... You got it!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.