Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Account upgrade!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One Account upgrade!

Congratulations.

Maybe Capital One's reluctance to increase a starter card over a certain amount is likened to taking the training wheels off a bike when one learns to ride.

They want to have you pay off the starter card and elevate as a customer to the cards for those with proven good credit.

Message 11 of 21
NICKI183
Established Contributor

Great progress to your credit!

Starting Score: 555/567/570- Aug 2017 (TU)646 (EQ) 626, (EX) 635-Goa 750l: UPDATE 2021 (TU) 623, (EQ) 584, (EXP) 598 Current VISA-MC-Amex Credit Cards |NFCU-CashReward-$2k|USSA Visa- $500lAmex USAA-secured Merrick-$1,900ll Amex Delta Sky Miles- $1k
, |Nordstrom-$2100|Neiman Marcus-$700|Credit One Bank $850/$500 / Capital One Journey $700/ Capital One Quicksilver One $1650/Target $600/KohlsStore $300/Personal Loans $14k
Garden Until 2/2022 removing all 18 collection baddies and decrease UTILto less than 5%
Message 12 of 21
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Congrats!!!!!! 

Message 13 of 21
credgirl
Regular Contributor

Congrats
Message 14 of 21
Pway
Valued Contributor

Congrats 

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone pay attention to the fact that is a 4 month old thread before replying and saying congrats?

Message 16 of 21
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone pay attention to the fact that is a 4 month old thread before replying and saying congrats?

No. A temporary mental lapse (humorously attributed to the gradual loss of one's mental faculties as one grows older). 

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Saleen099 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No. A temporary mental lapse (humorously attributed to the gradual loss of one's mental faculties as one grows older). 

I have the same problem :-)

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CraigHwk wrote:

Congrats!  I called them last night to see if I could upgrade my Platnium with a 3300 CL (Since 2011) to a Quicksilver card and they told me no.  I went to their Pre-Approval page and saw I had an offer for a QS, so I applied and got a 5k CL.   

Whatever works I guess.  The Platnium is going to collect dust now, except for the occasional charges to keep it active.

You can merge the credit lines and close the platinum if you want. 

Message 19 of 21
EW800
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI's and upgrades! Smiley Happy
Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.