cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One App Recon

tag
froggyzsn

Cap One App Recon

It seems like no one is willing to help at Cap1 with an application reconsideration. The only response i have recieved was "Apply again in x amount of days" I'm in the garden until October and I dont want to wait that long to get my Cap1 card. The reasons I got declined was due to recent inq, $300 balance on a Cabela's cc with a cl of $500 (which I had pif but wasnt in my cr), and insufficient credit history. I was wondering what type of arguement i could make and what everyone thinks my chances of approval with app recon would be. I hate having the HP with nothing to show for it.

~Gardening until October, 2013 ~

Starting Score: 663
Current Score: 663
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Cap One App Recon

I've only heard of a cap1 recon once, and that was ron's for one of their prime cards.

Which card did you apply for? Did you make sure it was the "average" version and not the "excellent"
Message 2 of 17
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

+1000
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 3 of 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Sorry for your denial. I can't stress enough how important it is to make sure your CR's are updated before apping. That being said I have to agree with the others- Cap One is like GE on initial recons...pretty much nonexistent 😕
Message 4 of 17
froggyzsn

Thanks everyone. It was for one of the "excellent" cc's. i let the 3 accepted apps earlier in the month get to my head haha :/ i will try to do an app recon again tomorrow and hopefully i get someone on the line that will work with me but im not getting my hopes up. If I'm not successful, I will have to wait until I'm out of the garden and re-apply. And I will make sure my util is down on all revolving accounts before applying and one of my inq from last May will hopefully not be looked at when they do the HP next time around.

Message 5 of 17
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Yeah, with your scores you wouldn't qualify for an excellent card from them. Despite the persona that cap1 has as a subprime lender, their prime cards are fairly hard to qualify for. When you call up, tell them you meant to app for the average version of the card you apped for. Might prove to be more useful.
Message 6 of 17
froggyzsn

@jsucool76 wrote:
Yeah, with your scores you wouldn't qualify for an excellent card from them. Despite the persona that cap1 has as a subprime lender, their prime cards are fairly hard to qualify for. When you call up, tell them you meant to app for the average version of the card you apped for. Might prove to be more useful.

Okay thank you! I will give it a try and let you know how it goes tomorrow! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 17
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Good luck!
Message 8 of 17
froggyzsn

Thanks!

Message 9 of 17
froggyzsn

SOOOOO.... I found out my mistake/reason for getting declined was that applied for a card with a credit limit that was too high for my monthly income so there was no way of me getting reconsidered for that card. and no way to switch to another card without a re-app and HP so i failed -__- haha

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.