Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Backdating????

tag
prolificjinx23
Frequent Contributor

Cap One Backdating????

I'm sure this question has probably been asked before... Does Capital One backdate??? 

Starting Scores: EQ 447 (01/02/2017), TU 476 (01/02/2017), EX 456 (01/02/2017)
Current Scores: FICO 08's as of 12/12/2019: EQ 584, TU 702, EX 631
Goal Scores: ABOVE 800 ALL 3
Current Cards: CapOne QS1 $500, Walmart SC $500, Discover It $750, Amazon Prime SC $900, CareCredit $2,000, NFCU CashRewards $10,000 and NOT APPING until 04/2020....

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Datx
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap One Backdating????

Negative. The only lender/CC known to backdate is Amex.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One Backdating????

I can confirm this, at least for me.

I called Cap1 last week and asked the Acct Analyst if I were to app for the Venture would/could they show the date as opened as the same date as my first Cap1 I opened 6/10 and was told no (no big surprise, Cap1 seems to say NO a lot!!) I first asked if I could upgrade my existing card to the Venture and was also told no (big surprise again) and the two times I asked for a CLI in the last year I was also told no (surprise, surprise again)

Cap1 approves ppl with not so good credit, but as far as ever seeing anything above and beyond that (with their starter cards) don't expect much of anything.

I'm sure with a Venture Card or any of their "Prime" CC's those cardholders will see CLI's and much better perks than cardholders with their starter cards.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.