cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Bill/due date will skip a month?!

tag
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

Cap One Bill/due date will skip a month?!

Sigh.  Capital One is going to skip a full billing month of July!  I'm kind of OCD about these sort of things so let me explain.  I opened a card with Capital One in May (excellent customer service by the way and they always announce that their call center is out of Tampa Florida).  Anyway,  My first card transaction was around May 21st.  My bill due date every month is on the 24th and the statement cuts on the 27th.

I already had other cc's bill due dates on the 25th and one on the 21st so I requested a new due date of the 15th of every month.

So my first payment was to be made on June 24th and statement cut on the 27th.  I noticed I did not receive a statement for June (I asked myfico forum about this but I had 85 views with 0 replies go figure).  

Today I noticed my statement still didn't cut for the month of June so I gave Capital One a call.  Turns out because of the change to my bill due date my statement will not cut until July 19th.  I don't even get a statement for June! My next bill due date will not be until August 16th.  I just think that's a little crazy and it makes me nervous.  So my last official bill due date was June and I will not have another until August.

I hope their computers don't do anything crazy like show me missing a payment! (Actually I dare them, I need to get real legal legs under me). lol j/k 

Any thoughts on this? Has anyone had this happen to them before?

EDIT:

I forgot to mention I may have inadvertently pushed back the date Capital One reports to the Credit Bureaus. I didn't realize it would have skipped a month, so I have to wait until late July before my card will be on any of my CR's.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Kutuzov
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cap One Bill/due date will skip a month?!

Yes it will. If you change it to a later day, it won't but if you change it to an earlier date of the month it will. I do all my cc close on the 24 or around, so I know when all of them close and don't have the this one is the 15 that one the 24 etc. When I open a cap1 cc the closing date was the 28, so I change it for the 24, and they skip completly 1 month and did like a 55 days billing cycle, yes they will skip it. Now if it was the other way it closed on the 15 and you change it to the 24 it will close on the 24 that month it won't skip it. I did both with cap1 at some point.

Gardening since 03/25/2016. Discover FICO 705 (4/21/16).
Discover It 2000, Barclay Ring 7100, Capital One QS 7000, Amazon sc 6000, Chase AARP 2500, Barclay Rewards 500
Message 2 of 3
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

Re: Cap One Bill/due date will skip a month?!

Thanks that was a great reply!  I feel a little better now.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.