Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One CLI Hard Inquiry?

tag
ottergo4
Contributor

Cap One CLI Hard Inquiry?

A week ago I called Cap One and was denied a CLI. Kinda expected that,but oh well. Today I get the denial letter saying the reason is I hadn't been at present limit for six months. Not true, exactly six months and three days, but that's OK too.  But, goes on to say I have a right to my cr from all 3 agencies. Did they hit me with 3 hards? If they did is there anything I can do to have them removed? Was never any mention of an inquiry, thought they were always soft or on internal history.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
mphan
Contributor

Re: Cap One CLI Hard Inquiry?

Most reps don't care about inq, that's the first thing you need to ask them. Last time I asked, the guy reviews my payment then he need a hard pull but I declined.
---------------
In 1900, if a father put a roof over his family's head, he was a success.
Today, it takes a roof, deck, pool, and 4-car garage. And that's just the vacation home.
---------------
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes Typically the do hard inquiry. For mine, it hit Equifax and transunion last time back in summer of 2008
Message 3 of 6
Romeoo47
Regular Contributor

I have gotten several increases from Cap One and I have never been hit with an inquiry.  My last credit limit increase was in Jan of this year and there was no inquiry.  My experience has been that they review your internal credit history. 
Message 4 of 6
lisac
Regular Contributor

I have also had several increased from cap one with no inquiry.
Message 5 of 6
ottergo4
Contributor

Called cap one today. First analyst was clueless, didn't know if it was hard or soft, don't know if she knew the difference even. Called right back. #2 said the only time they do a hard is for a new account Not CLI. Went to TU and got my free report. Was an account review inq. and not a regular inq. Didn't know you could get free report from being denied a cli! #2 also said to get a cli I would have to charge $450 or so for several months ($500 limit) , otherwise it looked liked I didn't need a higher limit. Yea...right.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.