cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One CLI, call in or push the button?

tag
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

Cap One CLI, call in or push the button?

Has anyone actually got better luck getting a CLI from Cap One by talking to a person as opposed to hitting the luv button? (or "Request CLI" automated phone option) It seems whenever I talk to a CSR the decision is completely up to what their computer tells them. Backdoor or frontdoor, it never seems like the CSR has any say at all.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One CLI, call in or push the button?

@KingAdrock wrote:
Has anyone actually got better luck getting a CLI from Cap One by talking to a person as opposed to hitting the luv button? (or "Request CLI" automated phone option) It seems whenever I talk to a CSR the decision is completely up to what their computer tells them. Backdoor or frontdoor, it never seems like the CSR has any say at all.

What luv button? I've never seen one, nor have I found one on the automated phone system. Where is this mystical function of which you speak?

I have, however, had success (twice) with the back door number.  Small increases each time, but still, success. Try the customer retention back door number. That's the one that has worked for me twice.  I also discovered, upon my second call, that you can either request an APR reduction or a CLI, but not both at the same time.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 13
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

While they may not have a luv button, (at least not for me) they do have a cli increase option on their automated phone system. With the frontline number I call (from the back of my card) you just hit "More Options" twice and it's the first choice after that.

I'm wondering because I'm helping my folks with their credit, and a Cap One CL boost would help their util.

Message 3 of 13
FICOADDICTED
New Contributor

I just looked on my account and I got a $2k CLI without asking for it although my old limit has been the same for several years and I actually asked for a CLI couple of months ago and I was denied.  So this is a real surprise...
Amex (3), Chase (2), Cap One(2), USAA (1), NFCU (1), Citi (2) Nordie Store Card, VS, BB Store card and HD store card......
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@KingAdrock wrote:

While they may not have a luv button, (at least not for me) they do have a cli increase option on their automated phone system. With the frontline number I call (from the back of my card) you just hit "More Options" twice and it's the first choice after that.

I'm wondering because I'm helping my folks with their credit, and a Cap One CL boost would help their util.

Does any one know if this is a hard pull?

Message 5 of 13
FICOADDICTED
New Contributor

When I called couple of months ago for CLI I made sure that the csr is doing a soft pull inq only in which I was denied; and I checked my CR and no Cap One hard inq showing at all.
Amex (3), Chase (2), Cap One(2), USAA (1), NFCU (1), Citi (2) Nordie Store Card, VS, BB Store card and HD store card......
Message 6 of 13
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@KingAdrock wrote:

i called and got a 250 increase this week after having the card at 500 for like 7 plus years perfect history, they only softed me, no hard inq for the increase.  i did my time, lol Smiley Very Happy

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 7 of 13
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

So I hit the request CLI option, and got denied. Interestingly the recording said that both the automated system and the CSRs use "the same tools" to determine whether or not you are approved, and that CSRs will not have more detailed information.

Translation as I take it: the computer makes the decision, no one else, don't bother complaining to a CSR because they can't help you. The Cap One computer has spoken.

Message 8 of 13
oracles
Valued Contributor

@score_building wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@KingAdrock wrote:

i called and got a 250 increase this week after having the card at 500 for like 7 plus years perfect history, they only softed me, no hard inq for the increase.  i did my time, lol Smiley Very Happy

Smiley Very HappyCongrat score building, you definitely did your time lol

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@KingAdrock wrote:

The Cap One computer has spoken.

haha.. too true

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.