confus3d

Re: Cap One CLI, call in or push the button?

KingAdrock wrote:

So I hit the request CLI option, and got denied. Interestingly the recording said that both the automated system and the CSRs use "the same tools" to determine whether or not you are approved, and that CSRs will not have more detailed information.

Translation as I take it: the computer makes the decision, no one else, don't bother complaining to a CSR because they can't help you. The Cap One computer has spoken.

False, others have gotten the same message after trying the phone option and had success by calling in. I don't think that cli phone option works for anybody.
Established Member
akaniks

Denied. Interesting though... never knew of this. I believe it said my account was not eligible for a customer initiated CLI. I am curious if it never will be eligible. Besides credit steps I have only had one CLI and it was accomplished by using the back door number. I've had my account for a year now. 
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

akaniks wrote:
Denied. Interesting though... never knew of this. I believe it said my account was not eligible for a customer initiated CLI. I am curious if it never will be eligible. Besides credit steps I have only had one CLI and it was accomplished by using the back door number. I've had my account for a year now. 

Not to confuse issues by bringing in another CCC, but when the Barclays/ Juniper CSR let slip that this was the case for my B&N MC, I went ahead and closed it.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+