Reply
Established Contributor
KingAdrock
Posts: 656
Registered: ‎07-17-2007
0

Cap One CLI, call in or push the button?

Has anyone actually got better luck getting a CLI from Cap One by talking to a person as opposed to hitting the luv button? (or "Request CLI" automated phone option) It seems whenever I talk to a CSR the decision is completely up to what their computer tells them. Backdoor or frontdoor, it never seems like the CSR has any say at all.
Frequent Contributor
Cheech
Posts: 282
Registered: ‎03-26-2008
0

Re: Cap One CLI, call in or push the button?


KingAdrock wrote:
Has anyone actually got better luck getting a CLI from Cap One by talking to a person as opposed to hitting the luv button? (or "Request CLI" automated phone option) It seems whenever I talk to a CSR the decision is completely up to what their computer tells them. Backdoor or frontdoor, it never seems like the CSR has any say at all.

What luv button? I've never seen one, nor have I found one on the automated phone system. Where is this mystical function of which you speak?

 

I have, however, had success (twice) with the back door number.  Small increases each time, but still, success. Try the customer retention back door number. That's the one that has worked for me twice.  I also discovered, upon my second call, that you can either request an APR reduction or a CLI, but not both at the same time.

 

Good luck!

Established Contributor
KingAdrock
Posts: 656
Registered: ‎07-17-2007
0

Re: Cap One CLI, call in or push the button?

While they may not have a luv button, (at least not for me) they do have a cli increase option on their automated phone system. With the frontline number I call (from the back of my card) you just hit "More Options" twice and it's the first choice after that.

 

I'm wondering because I'm helping my folks with their credit, and a Cap One CL boost would help their util.

New Contributor
FICOADDICTED
Posts: 60
Registered: ‎11-07-2008
0

Re: Cap One CLI, call in or push the button?

I just looked on my account and I got a $2k CLI without asking for it although my old limit has been the same for several years and I actually asked for a CLI couple of months ago and I was denied.  So this is a real surprise...
Amex (3), Chase (2), Cap One(2), USAA (1), NFCU (1), Citi (2) Nordie Store Card, VS, BB Store card and HD store card......
Frequent Contributor
going2tdc
Posts: 367
Registered: ‎03-28-2008
0

Re: Cap One CLI, call in or push the button?


KingAdrock wrote:

While they may not have a luv button, (at least not for me) they do have a cli increase option on their automated phone system. With the frontline number I call (from the back of my card) you just hit "More Options" twice and it's the first choice after that.

 

I'm wondering because I'm helping my folks with their credit, and a Cap One CL boost would help their util.


Does any one know if this is a hard pull?

New Contributor
FICOADDICTED
Posts: 60
Registered: ‎11-07-2008
0

Re: Cap One CLI, call in or push the button?

When I called couple of months ago for CLI I made sure that the csr is doing a soft pull inq only in which I was denied; and I checked my CR and no Cap One hard inq showing at all.
Amex (3), Chase (2), Cap One(2), USAA (1), NFCU (1), Citi (2) Nordie Store Card, VS, BB Store card and HD store card......
Senior Contributor
score_building
Posts: 3,524
Registered: ‎01-10-2008
0

Re: Cap One CLI, call in or push the button?


going2tdc wrote:

KingAdrock wrote:

While they may not have a luv button, (at least not for me) they do have a cli increase option on their automated phone system. With the frontline number I call (from the back of my card) you just hit "More Options" twice and it's the first choice after that.

 

I'm wondering because I'm helping my folks with their credit, and a Cap One CL boost would help their util.


Does any one know if this is a hard pull?


i called and got a 250 increase this week after having the card at 500 for like 7 plus years perfect history, they only softed me, no hard inq for the increase.  i did my time, lol :smileyvery-happy:

FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)
Established Contributor
KingAdrock
Posts: 656
Registered: ‎07-17-2007
0

Re: Cap One CLI, call in or push the button?

So I hit the request CLI option, and got denied. Interestingly the recording said that both the automated system and the CSRs use "the same tools" to determine whether or not you are approved, and that CSRs will not have more detailed information.

 

Translation as I take it: the computer makes the decision, no one else, don't bother complaining to a CSR because they can't help you. The Cap One computer has spoken.

Valued Contributor
oracles
Posts: 1,699
Registered: ‎08-18-2007
0

Re: Cap One CLI, call in or push the button?


score_building wrote:

going2tdc wrote:

KingAdrock wrote:

While they may not have a luv button, (at least not for me) they do have a cli increase option on their automated phone system. With the frontline number I call (from the back of my card) you just hit "More Options" twice and it's the first choice after that.

 

I'm wondering because I'm helping my folks with their credit, and a Cap One CL boost would help their util.


Does any one know if this is a hard pull?


i called and got a 250 increase this week after having the card at 500 for like 7 plus years perfect history, they only softed me, no hard inq for the increase.  i did my time, lol :smileyvery-happy:


:smileyvery-happy:Congrat score building, you definitely did your time lol

Established Contributor
fender
Posts: 709
Registered: ‎04-20-2008
0

Re: Cap One CLI, call in or push the button?


KingAdrock wrote:

The Cap One computer has spoken.


haha.. too true

"WTB Access Number"

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+