Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One CLI denial help needed

tag
reno55
Regular Contributor

Cap One CLI denial help needed

I recently tried asking for CLI on both my capitol one cards.

Both of them are credit steps and I have not hit the 6 month increase for on time payments yet.

I was denied with the following reasons:

Too few or no revolving accounts are rated as satisfactory

Insufficient experience with high lines of credit on Capitol one accounts

there are too many new revolving accounts

We just discharged chptr 7 in March.

Any ideas on how to fix these denial reasons? All of our payments to capitol one have been on time
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap One CLI denial help needed

Time, and more time. That BK needs to age..

Message 2 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

Time, and more time. That BK needs to age..

+1

Way too early in the game to be requesting for CLIs considering the BK is still fresh.

Message 3 of 7
Poozie121
Contributor

you will never be able to get a CLI on a cap one card before the 6 month mark...especially in the credit steps program.

Gardening until 8/10/2014! I love this forum!!!! EX- 687 TU-688 EQ - 680 ...all pulls 12/2013 (myfico)
Ch 7 discharge - 12/11. Discover $6k, DCU $3k, Barclays rewards $3k, Barclays Sallie Mae $3k Sony Visa $2500 Capital One Quicksilver $5 Capital One Venture One $3k, best buy mastercard1000

Message 4 of 7
reno55
Regular Contributor

Thanks all
Message 5 of 7
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

When I did my 7, it took me about four years to reach prime again.

Message 6 of 7
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

6 months of statements seems to be the current magic mark for a first CLI. Check your account after your 6th statement. I hit the new-at-the-time luv button at 5 mos., denied CLI. When my 6th statement cut, with it was a nice $1500 increase. I'm now hoping my 2nd card will do the same in about 2 weeks. My BK was discharged 11/2012. Good luck to you.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to the denial reasons, I think they throw at a dartboard for reasons before 6 mos.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.