Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One CLI on Wrong Card

tag
selena
Contributor

Cap One CLI on Wrong Card

I got a email today saying congratualtions on your cli of $2000. But the increase is on the Journey card which I haven't used since August and has a 0 balance. Funny thing is I applied for an increase on the Quicksilver and got a letter Nov. 25 saying it was denied because

• Recent use of this account's existing credit line has been too low

I destroyed the Journey card a while back so I wouldn't use it and I don't really want it anymore, but it helps with my aaoa and I was thinking  of getting rid of the Quicksliver as well. I was wondering if I closed both cards and opened another with cap one would I be able to get the total credit they are able to extend to me (i guess based on some kind of internal scoring) onto one card.

As of March 2016:
Equifax 735
TransUnion 702
Experian 731
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
yfan
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap One CLI on Wrong Card

Well, Capital One won't consolidate your cards. You CAN, however, call them and ask to have your Journey card product-changed to a Quicksilver. Yes, you can have more than one QS card. I have 2.

Message 2 of 5
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

If it was me I would contact them through 1. Facebook 2. Chat or Email the CEO executive office email

(search link below) and explain your problem. There is no guarantee.Closing them may get you three HPs and you may get a smaller CL.

http://bit.ly/1g0P1zO

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 5
selena
Contributor

@yfan wrote:

Well, Capital One won't consolidate your cards. You CAN, however, call them and ask to have your Journey card product-changed to a Quicksilver. Yes, you can have more than one QS card. I have 2.

Yea I was aware they don't consolidate and I don't want to pc and have another Quicksilver because I don't use the current one often enough to constitute having two but thanks for your advice any suggestions help.

As of March 2016:
Equifax 735
TransUnion 702
Experian 731
Message 4 of 5
selena
Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

If it was me I would contact them through 1. Facebook 2. Chat or Email the CEO executive office email

(search link below) and explain your problem. There is no guarantee.Closing them may get you three HPs and you may get a smaller CL.

http://bit.ly/1g0P1zO

Thanks I think I will try this first. Right now I have 6 HPs on each report and I want atleast half of those to fall of first before I apply for anything else as they will fall off about the same time.

As of March 2016:
Equifax 735
TransUnion 702
Experian 731
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.