Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One CLI on account open for 2 months

tag
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

Cap One CLI on account open for 2 months

I just got off of the phone with the CapOne backdoor number (1-800-889-9939).  They gave me a $500 CLI and I just made the second payment 3 days ago.  Now when the credit steps kicks in it will go up yet again...lol.  New CapOne cardholders take note, don't wait for the credit steps, after your 2nd payment hits, call the backdoor number and get your CLI.
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One CLI on account open for 2 months

Yeah, I did this and got declined.  They are meanSmiley Sad  But I am calling again after third statement cuts and telling them I want to charge an expensive hotel stay to the card.
Message 2 of 5
kball64
Frequent Contributor

I called after 2nd stmt and got a $300 CLI.  My 4th stmt just cut a couple of days ago and they bumped me up to 1100.  Very nice.   Does anyone know how often they'll give CLI's from here on out?  Are they automatic or do you have to call?
Message 3 of 5
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

I haven't gotten anything else after the credit steps.  Everytime I ask, I get a letter saying that "a credit limit increase is not available upon request for this account at this time".  I'm about to hit 1 year on my oldest CapOne account, I'm gonna try again then...lol.
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 4 of 5
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

I just called again about my other CapOne account and there is not a CLI available at this time.  I did get the lady to waive my annual fee that is coming due at the end of the month though, Smiley Happy.  She said to keep checking back about a CLI. 
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.