cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One CLI prior to 6 month credit steps?

tag
reno55
Regular Contributor

Cap One CLI prior to 6 month credit steps?

My wife and I have both gotten a capitol one platinum and green rewards card. The platinum cards we have had for 3 months the rewards for two.

We have made double the minimum payments and used the cards and payed down and even made multiple payments since then.

What are our chances to get a CLI before the six months automatic period?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Cap One CLI prior to 6 month credit steps?

If your letter from Cap1 Credit Steps states that you'll get a CLI @6 months with on-time payments then I wouldn't expect one prior to that.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 4
JonStur
Established Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

@If your letter from Cap1 Credit Steps states that you'll get a CLI @6 months with on-time payments then I wouldn't expect one prior to that.

+1....While this does happen on rare occasions for some unknown reason, it's probably safe to say that your increase will be on your 7th statement....

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 3 of 4
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

I tried the luv button a couple weeks ago for a CLI on my Platinum. Response was 'card hasn't been open for 6 months.' My 6th statement cut on 7/21 and there was a CLI from $500 to $2000. This was a credit steps and I wasn't expecting anything until 7th stmt. From a posts here and other forums, it seems a number of folks had the same $1500 CLIs this month on their 6th stmt. this month.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.