Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Charge Off Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap One Charge Off Question

I have a Cap One card I am disputing.....it's from 2003.

Today I get an alert.

In the alert it says:

Account opened: 8/2002
Description: Consumer disputes - reinvestigation in process
Consumer disputes this item
Charge off account
Account closed by credit grantor

Cap One reports this card each month.....and each time the outstanding balances gets higher.....can they do that if it's a charge off...keep reporting it each month?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One Charge Off Question

Yes- they can report it every month until CRTP.

Why are you disputing it?

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

CRTP - meaning the 7-7.5 years?

This card was paid off in 2004......I paid off all my cards at that time.....most of them had been closed....but they were all paid....so now i am dealing with Cap. One......but they did issue me a card 3 months ago Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahhh-

Yeah- it's not normal or proper for them to report a closed paid account every month. 

You might want to get to Capone's reporting department and fix this prior to disputing.  They will verify what ever is in their system.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

so with what they are telling me below:

Description: Consumer disputes - reinvestigation in process
Consumer disputes this item
Charge off account
Account closed by credit grantor

I am disputing this account cause I paid for it....i know I did...but they are saying that I did not.

With that being said......can they still report on an account that is "Account closed by credit grantor"

Should they have stopped reporting the day they marked it "Account closed by credit grantor"?

If so.....if I find the day they closed it, should they go back & change all the info from that date?

This account is still adding interest each month....the balance keeps on getting higher.

Thanks for the help!

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to go find proof you paid this-

Capone- doesn't think you did-

Closed by them does not mean anything in scoring- and the least of this. 

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

see......that is going to be the hard part.......paid for these in 2003 or 2004...parents paid for them.

so they can still report the account and keep on adding $ until i hit 7-7.5 years?

thanks again!

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

molly73 wrote:

see......that is going to be the hard part.......paid for these in 2003 or 2004...parents paid for them.

so they can still report the account and keep on adding $ until i hit 7-7.5 years?

thanks again!

yep-

You seem pretty sure this got paid, so it is still worth persuing.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks tim!!

oh.....i am fighting!!!

i get so frustrated at times i wish i could just PFD...so it would go away....it's not that much....but from that I have heard.....Cap One does not PFD.....and that would be the only way it would help my score...to have it deleted....otherwise.....i can pay it....but it would not help my score...it would just be a paid charge off...instead of a charge off ...uggghhhh

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.