Cap One Combo Worked Great!

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Cap One Combo Worked Great!

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:
Grats! Although I thought I read somewhere that the combination counts as a CLI and it disqualifies you from another CLI for 6 months.

No one said that. Others got. Li just a day before combo. Cap one got sure did not say that. 

Here's what Cap One said:

"This card may be ineligible for a credit line increase for a period of time due to the change in credit line caused by this action"

Meaning it could go either way. Goid I go. Sj

Message 31 of 38
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:
Grats! Although I thought I read somewhere that the combination counts as a CLI and it disqualifies you from another CLI for 6 months.

No one said that. Others got. Li just a day before combo. Cap one got sure did not say that. 

Here's what Cap One said:

"This card may be ineligible for a credit line increase for a period of time due to the change in credit line caused by this action"

Meaning it could go either way. Goid I go. Sj

My experience with Capital One has been that they have turned down my CLI requests when the last CLI was within 6 months, and granted them when the last CLI was 6 months old, so that warning had a very clear meaning to me; it meant "if you do this combo don't expect a CLI for 6 months"

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 32 of 38
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

In the terms and conditions it says that the combo counts as a credit limit increase for the retained card, and may delay further CLI's

Does it tell you this before the actual 'merge' takes place, or after?  Since I don't have two cards that are eligible, all I can get to is the screen where it tells you what the conditions are to perform the merge, not about what happens after.

If this is true (and I have no reason to doubt you) this changes things a bit for me.  I might be better off simply getting CLIs on the existing accounts, vs. a single 'merged' account, especially if the merger counts as a CLI in itself.

Just my 2¢

It tells you after you've set up the combo but before you finalize it.

So in your case, where you don't have 2 accounts eligible for the combo, you can't call it up on your screen.

Sorry, but I've quoted it accurately, I promise you; I just copied and pasted it.

It says exactly this in the disclosures:

Yeah I was actually going to go ahead with combo, but when I decided to read the disclosures for a change, and saw that, I stopped myself. Because neither account has had a recent CLI. I've been thinking I should wait until both get CLI's and then go ahead with it. If they'd both had recent CLI's I wouldn't have cared.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 33 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm wondering if you can combine 3 into one at the same time, or if it's limited to one at a time and then wait again.  I will probably wait until October to get a CLI again before combining.

Message 34 of 38
black_citi
Established Contributor

Congrats! I have to wait a month or 2 before I can combine my 4k QS1 with my 4k QS visa.
Make More, Spend Less
Message 35 of 38
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

Way to go Sandi!
Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 36 of 38
kjel
Established Contributor

Oh yay! I just checked and the option to combine is back on my accounts. I zeroed out 2 of 3 cards a couple weeks ago hoping to get on the train but they suspended the option. Was going to do it today but it looks like I have a pending transaction on 1 of the 2 I want to close so I have to wait til it clears. Ironically it's my monthly MyFico charge!

Current Score: TU: 674 | EQ: 722 | EX: 717 | Last Inq. 2/16/15...Locked Up in The Garden
NFCU Cash Rewards $14K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K | Amex Blue Cash Preferred $6K | Cap1 Quicksilver One Visa $9K

Message 37 of 38
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.