Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Credit Steps a phony?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap One Credit Steps a phony?

I was supposed to get my first CLI through this Credit Steps program after my third statement, but it's been over a week since that statement and I still dont see any love from Cap One people :-( I tried calling one of the backdoor numbers listed on this forum and the lady I talked to said that I would "PROBABLY" get a CLI in June or July. I was like WT*?? " I pay in full every month just for this?" and she was like "I'm sorry theres nothing I can do for you, thank you for calling Crapital One" :-(

Anybody gotten lucky with Crapital One in 2010?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Gibran
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cap One Credit Steps a phony?

I got my CapOne card on Oct 09, I called right after my Jan statement cut to find out when I would get a CLI and the rep said it would be after my 4th statement. Well I logged into my account in Feb and there was my CLI, I even still had a small balance showing on my CC when I got my CLI. Now I'm just curious to see when I will get my next CLI.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | AMEX Zync NPSL | AMEX Delta Platinum $4000 | Travelocity Amex $4000 | CapOne No Hassle Rewards $2500 | BBRZ MC $800 | Local CU Visa $1000 | Kay $2000 | Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve $5000 | Chase Marriott Rewards $5000 | BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa $7000 | Discover IT $1000
In the garden until 10/2014
Message 2 of 7
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Yes, I don't think there's anything phony going on, it's just that there's some vagueness surrounding what constitutes "third month" to them, or however they phrase it.  I went through the same thing and it's hard to remember since it's been at least a year ago, but I also called and I remember something about the 3/4 month confusion.  Just keep your nose clean, make your payments on time, and it'll happen, automatically, even.  As in, you'll make a payment and refresh the screen and there will be your increase right there as promised.

Not applicable

@ChesterPDexter wrote:

Yes, I don't think there's anything phony going on, it's just that there's some vagueness surrounding what constitutes "third month" to them, or however they phrase it.  I went through the same thing and it's hard to remember since it's been at least a year ago, but I also called and I remember something about the 3/4 month confusion.  Just keep your nose clean, make your payments on time, and it'll happen, automatically, even.  As in, you'll make a payment and refresh the screen and there will be your increase right there as promised.

So the auto CLI is triggered by a certain ammount of payments? I have made over 10 payments to date but still no love from them :-(

Thanks for replying.

Message 4 of 7
ncks
Valued Member

As long as you are eligible after your third statement you will receive the cli after your fourth statement.  That's how it was explained to me.

Message 5 of 7
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Yes, just as ncks said, it has to do with the number of statements AND payments.  Extra payments don't help your cause any.  It's the number of payments that are connected to statements.  e.g. after your fourth statement cuts and you pay in response to that, you should see a CLI.

Not applicable

Thanks both of you Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.