Re: Cap One Denied Me!!

What happened when you called?
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JoeBJay20 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Is it possible that because a Cap One card was included in my BK 6 years ago I am not eligible for another card through them?

That's possible, but without question just having the BK got you declined for their platinum card.  Whether Cap1 blacklists people, someone else would have to answer.  

They don't automatically blacklist you for having a BK that included their cards, I had two of their cards included in my BK and then got two more of their cards less than a year after the BK. My BK was in 2006.

Message 12 of 16
pattycake
Established Contributor

kchev - check out the BK friendly CC board.  A lot of people have had success with some of Juniper's cards, such as US Airways and HootersCard (Merrick Bank).  I had some baddies with Cap One way back and they still gave me cards three years ago, so I know they don't blacklist.  
pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 13 of 16
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Cap1 is pretty famous for not only not blacklisting, but almost forcing cards out to those with derogs. Do you suppose even they are tightening up their ship?
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One does not recon.
Message 15 of 16
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Is it possible that because a Cap One card was included in my BK 6 years ago I am not eligible for another card through them?

They wouldn't give me a card w/aPIF CO on their card that's over 6 years old. 

If you inc in BK...fuggetaboudit 

Approvals from many ccc's 3 years ago, are denials today.  Same circumstances...different outcome.  These days, they're just not as approval happy...none of them.

Message Edited by BungalowMo on 07-24-2009 08:53 AM
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.