Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One EO - questions for those of you who have had success

tag
gheedorah
Established Member

Cap One EO - questions for those of you who have had success

I stuck this on the end of someone else's thread, but it likely won't get a lot of views, so I made a new thread.

I know a lot of people here have had success with CLIs, AF waivers, and "Product Changes", after contacting the EO.

I emailed, and got my callback yesterday. He sounded unenthusiastic, and also seemed a little unsure on the phone- I wondered if he was new on the job, actually.

He told me (and assured me this had "nothing to do with me, or my lines of credit") that they have no way of changing a product to another product. He also told me he had no way of combining lines (I tried to press this ever so slightly, as the only reason I have two Capital One Platinum MCs was because a rep told me to open a second line and combine it with the first- which I have subsequently been unable to do). My goal was to roll my now THREE (2 + Orchard Bank) Cap One Plat MCs into one account, obtain a CLI, and convert it to cash rewards.

He told me he could put 1% cash back, or 1 mile per dollar spent, on the card. I know these are both watered-down versions of the Cash Rewards, or the Venture card. I have seen people on here describing receiving "upgrades" and "conversions" on their existing accounts.

If he was uninformed (seems unlikely, having been an EO CSR- but maybe he really was very new?), I'll take my chances with spurning them by calling back and speaking to a different CSR. Or, if people who have had their accounts "converted" to a different product, are actually receiving a new line of credit IN PLACE of their previous card, then I'll just leave it alone.

Can those of you who have received any incarnation of a "product change", let me know the details? (New account number/new line as appears on your credit report, or same line but not full-on Cash Rewards/Venture, or actual, full-on, change of product?)

Thanks all.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
fittiger
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cap One EO - questions for those of you who have had success

Does no one have experience to offer regarding this?

Message 2 of 7
p-
Valued Contributor

That's the problem with early AM posts, few people see them.

In short, your EO rep is wrong.  They CAN do it, it's called a Product Change.

I can confirm from personal experience that the EO PC'd me from the platinum rebuilder to a green cash, and upped my CL from 3500 to 10k.  What they couldn't do was change from MC to Visa, and PC my Orchard card.

My story here:  

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/CREDIT-REBUILD-PROJECT-LOG/td-p/290152/page/2...

Message 3 of 7
fittiger
Frequent Contributor

Thanks......I'm wondering if the OP ever had any luck with a different rep?

I placed an email to the EO earlier today with the same issue.  Hopefully I will not have the same issue.

Message 4 of 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

They can and in fact do PC but don't expect them to combine the 2 orchards into a cap1 product they have been telling people to apply for a cap1 card.

Hopefully your the first and I wish you luck but I doubt it...sorry

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 7
p-
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

They can and in fact do PC but don't expect them to combine the 2 orchards into a cap1 product they have been telling people to apply for a cap1 card.

In another 2 months all of the OB stuff will PC on it's own anyway.

Message 6 of 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

@p- wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

In another 2 months all of the OB stuff will PC on it's own anyway.

Hopefully at that point they will let all customers combine into 1 product.......fingers crossed and not in OP case 3 different cards with cap1 name on them

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.