cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Exec helped me with Household bank card?

tag
calihlove75
Established Contributor

Cap One Exec helped me with Household bank card?

This is weird. I wrote the Cap One CEO explaining my frustration with the household bank card. I just explained how I received 3 back to back inquiries on TU last year over the card, how the credit limit is not going anywhere, and how my annual fee is coming up and I want to wait out the transition but how I felt ignored as a customer. I explained that household bank never took care of the excess inquiries even though several reps said it should not be there (I went in circles getting the extra two removed and after 3 generic responses explaining the three different types of inquiries I just gave up. I was polite but said I was little unsure if I wanted to continue to wait out the transition to see if things change. Anyway, I wrote this almost two weeks ago and received no response at all from Cap one or Household Hold Bank.

Fast Forward to today, I just logged on to my household bank account and noticed I have a credit balance of $59 on my account. I guess someone refunded the upcoming annual fee on the 24th...but no one contacted me. I wonder if they are going to finally removed the two extra inquiries (Feb 4, 2012, March 1, 2012).

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Cap One Exec helped me with Household bank card?

Cap 1 bought HSBC portfolio of cards, so not odd at all

Message 2 of 23
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@calihlove75 wrote:

This is weird. I wrote the Cap One CEO explaining my frustration with the household bank card. I just explained how I received 3 back to back inquiries on TU last year over the card, how the credit limit is not going anywhere, and how my annual fee is coming up and I want to wait out the transition but how I felt ignored as a customer. I explained that household bank never took care of the excess inquiries even though several reps said it should not be there (I went in circles getting the extra two removed and after 3 generic responses explaining the three different types of inquiries I just gave up. I was polite but said I was little unsure if I wanted to continue to wait out the transition to see if things change. Anyway, I wrote this almost two weeks ago and received no response at all from Cap one or Household Hold Bank.

Fast Forward to today, I just logged on to my household bank account and noticed I have a credit balance of $59 on my account. I guess someone refunded the upcoming annual fee on the 24th...but no one contacted me. I wonder if they are going to finally removed the two extra inquiries (Feb 4, 2012, March 1, 2012).

I also noticed yesterday that Cap One is now receiving my payments for the Orchard Bank Secured (ACH is from COF, or Capital One Financial) instead of HSBC. Though the transition is not complete, looks like they now have more control over the cards...

Message 3 of 23
calihlove75
Established Contributor

@john398 wrote:

Cap 1 bought HSBC portfolio of cards, so not odd at all

I understand that and I also was under the impression that until the transition is complete there are limits tro what Cap 1 can and can not do. Honestly, I was more surprised that no one called me to discuss anything. I would have never known if I wasn't such a compulsive 'check my accounts' person.

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 4 of 23
tpmlls
New Contributor

I have 2 Cap One cards and I have a Household Bank card with a HUGE $600 CL..... Sense my sarcasm?? So I will soon have 3 Cap One cards, and I have talked to everyone at Cap One about combining cards or transferring limits, really anything to not have 3 cards, but all I hear is that I can close my accounts... Not exactly what I wanted to hear, so I e-mailed the Executive office and am now waiting to hear from them. I will keep you posted.

Update 03/13/2013

I just e-mailed the exec office about how frustrated I am with my HSBC card and how when I call them, I get a cookie-cutter robot response with no emotion. The CSR's are outsourced and could care less about the customer and I have had PERFECT payment history and paid the $59 AF 3x without a CLI, and I asked what they can do for me. I will update on here if anyone is interested.

Message 5 of 23
tpmlls
New Contributor

Ok so another update if anyone is still following this thread...

Today 03/20/13, I called a lady from the Executive Office back as she had called me the day prior but I was unavailable, and she told me she had reviewed my account. She said that she understood that I was looking for an increase on my limit of $600, and I said that I was looking for anything since I have had the card for three years with heavy usage and never late and currently have no balance and she commented on how my account looks great. Other than that she said that she would send it in for review and that a potential HP would need to be done and asked if it would be ok, and I could tell by the tone of her voice, that it was a HP or nothing, so I said. "Of course, I appreciate any and all help you can give me." She asked some basic financial info, and said she would send it off for review and that I should hear something by early next week. I also told her to please leave a detailed message on my voicemail with the results because I am unable to answer my phone at work, and I did not want to have a classic game of phone tag, and she agreed, so feel free to check back with this thread next week and I will update for anyone who cares.

-Wes

Message 6 of 23
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Good luck Wes! I just got $10k on my Orchard today after talking to the gentleman this morning!
Message 7 of 23
tpmlls
New Contributor

Thanks! I am a little "nervous" because the gal who I spoke with did not ask what limit I was looking for, so I may get no increase or I may only get like a $200 increase. I hope that they see I have perfect payment history and maybe look at some of my other limits and give me an increase based on that. If I get no increase though, I may get a little bit aggressive because I did consent to a HP on my report already, but the Executive Office has been great to so many people, I am not too worried. It's just the waiting game that makes these thoughts pop up in my head!

Message 8 of 23
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@tpmlls wrote:

Thanks! I am a little "nervous" because the gal who I spoke with did not ask what limit I was looking for, so I may get no increase or I may only get like a $200 increase. I hope that they see I have perfect payment history and maybe look at some of my other limits and give me an increase based on that. If I get no increase though, I may get a little bit aggressive because I did consent to a HP on my report already, but the Executive Office has been great to so many people, I am not too worried. It's just the waiting game that makes these thoughts pop up in my head!

Hmmm that does seem a little weird...did you mention any kind of increase in your e-mail? The guy I spoke to didn't verify my increase number, but I did put it in the e-mail and they were able to match it! Hopefully they'll look at your report and try to match or go a bit above your highest line, if that line is higher than the Household one Smiley Happy Keep checking your account for the increase! I checked around 1; nada. By 2, it was there for me Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 23
tpmlls
New Contributor

I did not mention any limit increase in my e-mail, but said, ". I have had a Household Bank card since 2010, and I have a paltry $600 credit limit with that card, that also has a high APR. I have never been late on any payments and I currently have a $0 balance on that card." I have no real reason to keep this card with this limit, so even if they do not do anything significant to my card, I will close it with the $0 balance to keep it reporting well, but a $600 closed card will not hurt me much at all. I would love to see an increase between 2-5k though, then I would keep it open, but I just did not get the "vibe" on the phone that much would be done, but I guess we will see!

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.