cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Exec helped me with Household bank card?

tag
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap One Exec helped me with Household bank card?

@tpmlls wrote:

I did not mention any limit increase in my e-mail, but said, ". I have had a Household Bank card since 2010, and I have a paltry $600 credit limit with that card, that also has a high APR. I have never been late on any payments and I currently have a $0 balance on that card." I have no real reason to keep this card with this limit, so even if they do not do anything significant to my card, I will close it with the $0 balance to keep it reporting well, but a $600 closed card will not hurt me much at all. I would love to see an increase between 2-5k though, then I would keep it open, but I just did not get the "vibe" on the phone that much would be done, but I guess we will see!

Hmm, well hopefully it will work out for the best Smiley Happy the guy I had was very helpful and I could tell wanted to work really hard on getting me what I asked for!

Message 11 of 23
tpmlls
New Contributor

I know it will work out, either I get a nice increase and keep the card in use, or I don't and I close it.. You need to update your card balance in your signature!!! $1,500 is a thing of the past for you now! Update to 10k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   How long after they said they would submit your app for review did it take to show up/get a call back?

Message 12 of 23
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@tpmlls wrote:

I know it will work out, either I get a nice increase and keep the card in use, or I don't and I close it.. You need to update your card balance in your signature!!! $1,500 is a thing of the past for you now! Update to 10k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   How long after they said they would submit your app for review did it take to show up/get a call back?

I'm trying to update! XD I'm on my boyfriend's Mac and I can't figure out his photo editor at all...I'll work at it when I'm home and on my own Windows laptop Smiley Tongue I talked to the guy at 9:30 and saw the new limit around 2! Smiley Happy Definitely happened sometime after 1, because I checked then and it wasn't up yet! Haven't received a call back, will probably get one tomorrow Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 23
tpmlls
New Contributor

So I had a Score Watch update that Capital One did a HP (Equifax) on my report on the 20th, but I got the alert today 03/22, I still have not seen any change on my Household Bank/Capital One card, but I was told I would hear something by early next week... Do you think that since they did a HP, I will get a significant increase? My limit is $600, and they said they would put in for the "Maximum increase possible." That does not make me feel too good...

Message 14 of 23
sccredit
Valued Contributor

What other kind limits do you have?  Maybe they'll match your highest

Message 15 of 23
tpmlls
New Contributor

My other limits are an average of about 2k, and I would be fine with something around there, it's just the fact that I was not asked how much of a limit I was looking for, and them saying they would give me the maximum available, which could be only a $200. Since I took a HP already, I am very anxious to see the result. If the limit increase is too low in my opinion, since a HP was done, would I have any "rights" to ask for more from the EO???

Message 16 of 23
tpmlls
New Contributor

UPDATE!!!

I got a call from the EO at Capital One concerning my Household Bank card. I asked for a CLI, but nothing else. They did a HP on me and I talked to the lady and they said they could NOT do anything for me at this time. I am pretty shocked considering I have scores in the low 700's, no baddies on my CR, and limits on other cards that are 3-4k. I said how disappointed I was, and the lady said she understood my frustration and that I will be receiving a letter. I am discouraged but a little angry, and I have a $600 limit with no balance, should I close the card? It has a $59 fee, and I never use the card because the CSR's are an absolute JOKE, but the card will soon be a Capital One card, so do you guys have any suggestions/ideas? I mean if I cannot get a CLI from the Executive Office, what's the point???

Thanks for reading,

Wes

Message 17 of 23
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

that's surprising that they said they could not do anything. was there any reason given? any suggestions to improve your chances for a CLI in the future? Most everyone else here has had nothing but good experiences with the EO at Cap1/HSBC.

I am esspecailly keen to keep my HHB card because it has a 11% apr with 2% Cash back on everything. I only got a palty CLI from 1300 to 2500, but still better than nothing and she was nice enough to let mek now that if I get my util down to under 10% and try back in 6 months they would consider another CLI.

They really do need to get their house in order over there and decide what kind of business strategy they are going for with their cards, conservative with great rewards, less conservative with medicore rewards, more risky with minimal rewards, etc. Right now, the whole spectrum of their products seems to haphazard from rebuilder cards to *almost* great rewards cards. Trying to offer a product for all classes of consumers is obviously biting them since their back end systems are no where near where they need to be to adapt to such a diverse business strategy. Just my guess, but anyone who has worked in a bank or in a financial services firm likely can relate.

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 18 of 23
calihlove75
Established Contributor

@calihlove75 wrote:

This is weird. I wrote the Cap One CEO explaining my frustration with the household bank card. I just explained how I received 3 back to back inquiries on TU last year over the card, how the credit limit is not going anywhere, and how my annual fee is coming up and I want to wait out the transition but how I felt ignored as a customer. I explained that household bank never took care of the excess inquiries even though several reps said it should not be there (I went in circles getting the extra two removed and after 3 generic responses explaining the three different types of inquiries I just gave up. I was polite but said I was little unsure if I wanted to continue to wait out the transition to see if things change. Anyway, I wrote this almost two weeks ago and received no response at all from Cap one or Household Hold Bank.

Fast Forward to today, I just logged on to my household bank account and noticed I have a credit balance of $59 on my account. I guess someone refunded the upcoming annual fee on the 24th...but no one contacted me. I wonder if they are going to finally removed the two extra inquiries (Feb 4, 2012, March 1, 2012).

Just an update:

Complete run-around as usual. I received a letter back on January 29th, telling me they regret not being able to talk to me personally (they have my number) but for me to send, yet another copy of my Transunion report showing the 3 inquiries and they will personally resolve the unauthorized inquiries. Okay so I did this and the only thing that changed is the inquiries now say HSBC~ Capital One's solution to 'resolve' was to just take their name out.

LOL, I am so done wih this company!

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 19 of 23
lazylane
New Contributor

Wow...

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.