cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Exec helped me with Household bank card?

tag
tpmlls
New Contributor

Re: Cap One Exec helped me with Household bank card?

The reason will be in my letter, but what I am most ticked off about is the fact that they did a HP (which I consented to) assuming that will all the SP success people have received, that if they did a HP, I would be all but guaranteed some kind of increase. (This is where my dad would say, "If if's and but's were candy and nuts, oh what a world it would be!") I am just frustrated and I want to close the card to be a big tough guy, but I also know that the transition to Capital One is not yet complete, and I think I should just wait and see what happens. Is there anything I can do about the HP on my report now? It sucks to have your account reviewed with no success.... I know you guys would like to know what the letter says in order to better help me, but I am just so flippin' discouraged by this situation right now.

Thanks again,

Wes

Message 21 of 23
tpmlls
New Contributor

That is about right.... Sorry that you have had a crappy encounter with them. 

Message 22 of 23
calihlove75
Established Contributor

@tpmlls wrote:

The reason will be in my letter, but what I am most ticked off about is the fact that they did a HP (which I consented to) assuming that will all the SP success people have received, that if they did a HP, I would be all but guaranteed some kind of increase. (This is where my dad would say, "If if's and but's were candy and nuts, oh what a world it would be!") I am just frustrated and I want to close the card to be a big tough guy, but I also know that the transition to Capital One is not yet complete, and I think I should just wait and see what happens. Is there anything I can do about the HP on my report now? It sucks to have your account reviewed with no success.... I know you guys would like to know what the letter says in order to better help me, but I am just so flippin' discouraged by this situation right now.

Thanks again,

Wes

Closing will serve no immediate benefit to you and no you are stuck with the hard pull. I plan on keeping mine and they will get a redbox rental each month, nothing more~nothing less

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.