Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Executive Office Re:Best Buy MC

tag
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

Cap One Executive Office Re:Best Buy MC

Per this forum, it appears that Cap One has been spreading the love lately so I decided to see if I could get some of it too! I spoke to a very nice CSR rep at Cap One's executive office today regarding my Best Buy Rewards Zone MC ( I have the $59 AF version). I explained to her that after having the card for 3 years plus, I'd like to be upgraded to the platinum version without the AF and requested a CLI as well. She looked at my account, agreed I had an excellent payment history but regretfully informed me that cards that were issued with an AF cannot be upgraded to cards without. In order to receive another version of the card (the store card or the platinum), I must re-apply for a new card.....CRAZY!! As for the CLI request, she said it would be a hp so I decided against it because I was denied for one a few months back. She did however, off to reimburse me for the AF based on my account records. I had the fee credited a few months back so that was out. She said next year, I can call back to have the AF credited given that my account is still in good standing. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
snsforever916
Regular Contributor

Re: Cap One Executive Office Re:Best Buy MC

@PrettyNPink wrote:

Per this forum, it appears that Cap One has been spreading the love lately so I decided to see if I could get some of it too! I spoke to a very nice CSR rep at Cap One's executive office today regarding my Best Buy Rewards Zone MC ( I have the $59 AF version). I explained to her that after having the card for 3 years plus, I'd like to be upgraded to the platinum version without the AF and requested a CLI as well. She looked at my account, agreed I had an excellent payment history but regretfully informed me that cards that were issued with an AF cannot be upgraded to cards without. In order to receive another version of the card (the store card or the platinum), I must re-apply for a new card.....CRAZY!! As for the CLI request, she said it would be a hp so I decided against it because I was denied for one a few months back. She did however, off to reimburse me for the AF based on my account records. I had the fee credited a few months back so that was out. She said next year, I can call back to have the AF credited given that my account is still in good standing. 

Thanks. I have this card as well with the $39 fee. They did a softpull last month and said no! =( Boo. I also have the fee so that is good to know that I can get it waived. Personally, I'd pay the fee to have a credit limit of at least $1000. This is my lowest joke of a card. I really wanted the BB store card. This is a sock drawer card anyways. Thanks for the information.

Starting Scores:
Lender Pull 7/10/2012 EQ 585 EX 617 TU 551
8/2012 MyFico EX 598 01/2013 EX 608 2/2013 EX 620 Smiley Surprised)
9/12/2012 624 (Fico Discover)
02/7/2013 660 (Fico Wally)
At least I'm heading in the right direction!!!

Goal Score:740+, home loan and Get rid of subprime cards!!!

Message 2 of 5
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

I have a decent CL with mine which makes me go back and forth about canceling it. I guess if I can keep getting the AF waived, I can hold on to it. I only use it for Best Buy purchases anyway. 

Message 3 of 5
snsforever916
Regular Contributor

@PrettyNPink wrote:

I have a decent CL with mine which makes me go back and forth about canceling it. I guess if I can keep getting the AF waived, I can hold on to it. I only use it for Best Buy purchases anyway. 

Well mine is $300 and I've used it to put an iphone purchase. Sadly, the limit is to low for much anything else. I wish I would not have taken the card but I already incurred the hard pull so I decided to make lemonade out of lemons!!!

Starting Scores:
Lender Pull 7/10/2012 EQ 585 EX 617 TU 551
8/2012 MyFico EX 598 01/2013 EX 608 2/2013 EX 620 Smiley Surprised)
9/12/2012 624 (Fico Discover)
02/7/2013 660 (Fico Wally)
At least I'm heading in the right direction!!!

Goal Score:740+, home loan and Get rid of subprime cards!!!

Message 4 of 5
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@PrettyNPink wrote:

I call for fun today and got cli. I have the card since 2008. Always pif and last year or so rarely use... I call number on the back of card they double my cl. It is now 1k. Lol my lowest unused and also one of my oldest aaoc.

Edit: not even a pull.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.