Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Frustrations

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap One Frustrations

So the backstory is kindof long, but stick with me:

In 2011 I was going through a divorce, thought I'd cancelled two Cap One cards with a super low limit and an annual fee, moved, and apparently only some of my mail moved with me.  2013, I go to buy a house and learn that the Cap One cards HAD been closed, but not by me, by Cap One after they billed for the annual fee (again, I thought I'd closed it prior to fee), and then adding interest and late fees for 5 months.  So, I call and get a super helpful CSR and he says he's going to get everything derogatory removed- missed pymts, charges, int, late fees, etc.  One account fully updated just as he'd said, but the other account updated everything except for the missed pymts- showed $0 balance, paid as agreed, etc, but also had 5 missed pymts in a row (I've never missed an actual pymt that I knew was due.)  They said it would take time for everything to be updated with al of the bureaus and I was able to close on my house so, out of sight out of mind.  Until... I am ready to go buy a car and started paying attention again and realized it needed to be addressed.  So I called 3/14/15 and spoke with a girl who said she was having it removed and I should get a letter from them in 10 days and the bureaus would update in 60-90, 15 days later no letter so I call on 3/29 and get a second girl who says that she sees where it was put in and everything looks like it's just going through the process of being removed like it should have been in 2013, I asked why I hadn't gotten the letter and found the first girl hadn't updated my address, so updated again.  This morning still no letter and the only change to my CR is that the account reflects as having last been updated April 4, 2015, with a dispute having been added.  So I call again, spew my whole story to a CSR who says she's transferring me to a Mgr and instead I get disconnected- call back, ask immediately for a MGR and am told that the first and second girls I spoke with didn't remove anything and only put in that I was disputing the missed pymts, that he would add more infor and forward it to their reporting dept and I could call back in 10 days; that it's tough to get stuff off over a year past their entry, it can be done, just takes some work.  So, after wasting a month thinking it would be removed and telling myself to be patient and wait it out, nothing has been resolved, it took them 3 weeks to even initiate a dispute- which is NOT what I ever asked for and I get to look forward to doing this all over again on the 24th. 

Frustrated, just needed to vent

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One Frustrations

@Anonymous wrote:

So the backstory is kindof long, but stick with me:

In 2011 I was going through a divorce, thought I'd cancelled two Cap One cards with a super low limit and an annual fee, moved, and apparently only some of my mail moved with me.  2013, I go to buy a house and learn that the Cap One cards HAD been closed, but not by me, by Cap One after they billed for the annual fee (again, I thought I'd closed it prior to fee), and then adding interest and late fees for 5 months.  So, I call and get a super helpful CSR and he says he's going to get everything derogatory removed- missed pymts, charges, int, late fees, etc.  One account fully updated just as he'd said, but the other account updated everything except for the missed pymts- showed $0 balance, paid as agreed, etc, but also had 5 missed pymts in a row (I've never missed an actual pymt that I knew was due.)  They said it would take time for everything to be updated with al of the bureaus and I was able to close on my house so, out of sight out of mind.  Until... I am ready to go buy a car and started paying attention again and realized it needed to be addressed.  So I called 3/14/15 and spoke with a girl who said she was having it removed and I should get a letter from them in 10 days and the bureaus would update in 60-90, 15 days later no letter so I call on 3/29 and get a second girl who says that she sees where it was put in and everything looks like it's just going through the process of being removed like it should have been in 2013, I asked why I hadn't gotten the letter and found the first girl hadn't updated my address, so updated again.  This morning still no letter and the only change to my CR is that the account reflects as having last been updated April 4, 2015, with a dispute having been added.  So I call again, spew my whole story to a CSR who says she's transferring me to a Mgr and instead I get disconnected- call back, ask immediately for a MGR and am told that the first and second girls I spoke with didn't remove anything and only put in that I was disputing the missed pymts, that he would add more infor and forward it to their reporting dept and I could call back in 10 days; that it's tough to get stuff off over a year past their entry, it can be done, just takes some work.  So, after wasting a month thinking it would be removed and telling myself to be patient and wait it out, nothing has been resolved, it took them 3 weeks to even initiate a dispute- which is NOT what I ever asked for and I get to look forward to doing this all over again on the 24th. 

Frustrated, just needed to vent

Wow I'm sorry to hear that. Cap One isn't known to have the best customer service. I would call the EO and get this taken care of immediately. This is not a joke and the CSR shouldn't take it as such. I'm sorry you had to go through this. Let me know if you need the EO number.

Message 2 of 8
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Ouch, sorry to hear especially when you think that the account it done for good. I always double and triple check any account I close to make sure there are no problems. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol, that's exactly why I've called 3 times in under a month... this time, lol- and what I get for not following up in 2013 when it all was originally handled!  I think the first girl didn't know what she was talking about because she essentially did nothing and the second girl completely lied- I asked very specifically if the notes read that the "missed payments" WERE being removed, to which she replied affirmatively and again repeated the mantra that I'd get a letter and should see the deletions reflected w/in 60-90 and even went on to say that some bureaus update more quickly than others.  At least the girl today gave me good info, even if she did term the call instead of transfer it.  At least then I knew what needed to be done instead of just accepting that it was actually being handled.  You guys are all great, thank you for the support- I just got super bummed going from thinking it would be cleared up once and for all to hearing that it may not happen.  Hopefully the Mgr I spoke with actually updated the notes so that it gets removed, I mean it was supposed to be removed in 2013 and obviously was an oversight- fingers crossed.  I'll remain sanguine until I see it though Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just want to give a big huge THANK YOU shout out to applurker.  Helped me figure out what I needed to do and got my Cap1 problem fixed on my birthday- HAPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!!   THANK YOU again, applurker!!!!!

Message 5 of 8
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just want to give a big huge THANK YOU shout out to applurker.  Helped me figure out what I needed to do and got my Cap1 problem fixed on my birthday- HAPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!!   THANK YOU again, applurker!!!!!

Great!

So glad to see that it finally got all sorted out for you

Smiley Happy HAPPY BIRTHDAY Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 8
joedtx
Valued Contributor

Happy Birthday glad you were able to get that resolved, and Thanks to Applurker.

Message 7 of 8
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Happy Birthday! Crap One is  tough one to get much done with

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.