Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One MTV Visa experience?

tag
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Cap One MTV Visa experience?

Does anyone have any prior experiences using the acrued points towards any travel rewards?

I've researched it online, and haven't seen much info, as well as the typical "non-informative" information on the Cap One site.

Just got approved for this card, and it's on the way.

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
tylaw13
Regular Contributor

Re: Cap One MTV Visa experience?

If you have the scores to go with a different company like chase/BofA/AMEX/Discover i would touch Cap1. i learned my lesson the hard way.

EQ FICO - 725 (9/11/13) TU FICO - 724 (6/27/13) EX FICO (6/30/13) 755 AMEX
Im my wallet - Cap1 Platinum MC(2000) Chase Freedom(1500) AMEX BCE (7000) Discover IT (8000) CSP (15000) Cal Coast CU (8000)
Message 2 of 6
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Blacklisted three out of four, from bk in 2000. Lol.... Cap one is my bank, since they're willing to play ball.

Thanks for the reply.

Message 3 of 6
tylaw13
Regular Contributor

id say go for it then. i have the Cash rewards and the platinum and if you PIF you will not have to pay the rediculous interest rate they charge. the downside is, you pretty much get one CLI and they are pretty conservative.

EQ FICO - 725 (9/11/13) TU FICO - 724 (6/27/13) EX FICO (6/30/13) 755 AMEX
Im my wallet - Cap1 Platinum MC(2000) Chase Freedom(1500) AMEX BCE (7000) Discover IT (8000) CSP (15000) Cal Coast CU (8000)
Message 4 of 6
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

I'm lucky enough to have gotten past the toy limits, since I've been a long time holder of their cards. Have the green, and bought out HSBC (waiting for conversion), but I'm not in the excellent category for another two years. Just hoping to get the insight on the points, and whether they can be traded in for tickets of my choice, or if it's more of a "prepackaged travel" deal, that I chose from, like a menu.

Message 5 of 6
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I did a little research, found (http://goo.gl/a1s1h) which has conversion charts for how much the points are worth depending on which way you turn them in. Hope this helps. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.