Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Offers?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap One Offers?

Hi all,

To everyone who has had a secured cap one card, were you offered an unsecured card while having a secured one? Was it through an email offer? I am wondering if i will be offered one at some point or will i always have to check the cap one prequalify site and apply myself. Thank You.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One Offers?

I believe that at one point they will unsecure your card. 

Message 2 of 6
Pway
Valued Contributor

Capital One does not unsecure a secured card.  I would suggest that you check out their pre qual and see what pre approvals you get.  Yes you can apply for another product while having the secured card.  Some have gotten approved around the same time for the secured and regular credit card.  

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check their pre-qualifier. As soon as you pre-qualify for something unsecured, apply for it.

Message 4 of 6
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

As others stated cap1 doesn't unsecure secured cards.  Try to get pre-quaified on their site for unsecured and go for it if you have offer.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pway wrote:

Capital One does not unsecure a secured card.  I would suggest that you check out their pre qual and see what pre approvals you get.  Yes you can apply for another product while having the secured card.  Some have gotten approved around the same time for the secured and regular credit card.  

I stand corrected. Thanks for correcting. Smiley Happy

@Anonymous wrote:

Check their pre-qualifier. As soon as you pre-qualify for something unsecured, apply for it.

+1 on this Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.